Mopar Muscle Feb 2013

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
:protest::violent1::banghead:perhaps it is just me. Have not read it yet, just sort of scanned thru it. Article about the purple Swinger. Calling it a 10 second street car.......with 12.2:1 compression. Have fun finding race gas at every fill up. I know it is just a magazine but this is the stuff that just annoys the hell out of me. Like when Car Craft/Popular Hot Rodding or what ever one of them ran an article about painting your car for $300 or what ever. My head doc is a self proclaimed car guy. He reads this trash and then believes it. Then when he takes his car to someone to get the body word done and is told $8k he blows a gasket over it, saying if they could do it for $300 there aint no way I am going to pay $8k for it. Why can't the magazines ever use a reasonable budget? I honestly don't know why I bother subscribing to them anymore......Time to get off the soap box.....:banghead::banghead::wack::protest:

Used to subscribe to all of them,not anymore.Too out of touch,with the real world.The editor's are too worried,about selling the advertiser's product anymore.My .02.

My street driven Dart has 13:1 compression! Yes I am mixing in race fuel to be able to drive it, but it CAN be done

I drive by a 110 octane race gas pump at a gas station to/from work every day. $7/gallon. Ain't gonna be much street driving at that rate considering the mileage a car that needs 110 is gonna get.

home>fillup>work>bank>fillup>home. repeat.

God I wish I could get fuel for that price! Where I live it is $16.00 a gallon and cannot be bought at any service station. If I am going out on the highway I actually do not mix and make sure I do not be frisky with the gas pedal. I bought a set of 10.5 : 1 pistons but cannot bring myself to change them.

Doug I wish to hell I'd saved "it." I can still remember, 71--74 I was on break in the RADAR shop looking through one of the car mags.

WWWWAAAAYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy ddddoooowwwnn there in the back was a little framed paragraph, looked like an ad

Said something like: "We lie"

"Occasionally when we review and test cars, due to weather, humidity, tire conditions, or the skill of the driver, we feel it is fair to "factor" the times and speeds.....etc etc etc.. bla bla bla....."

So in other words when Car Craft, Hot Rod, or probably lots of others puts in print that this or that car ran this or that, it might be, or it might not be true.

-
Back