Mopar Nationals

-
I'll be heading down again. Actually got a room at the Holiday Inn in heath!! Last year Saturday night was an awsome cruise night there!! Actually saw a big Kenworth smoke his tires. I know it is not a mopar, but cool to see. Awsome time, if you go to one show this year, this is the one!!

Ya my wife and I are also going and staying in the Fairfield in Zanesville. She works for Marriott so she gets us awesome rates at any Marriott when we travel to different events. i'm thinking about bringing my 70' Dart Swinger with a 440 this year but I have never entered it anywhere and not really to sure how the process works as far as getting in and out of the event with a vehicle all day.
Well hope to see ya all there, Dave!!!!!!!!!!

Been going since '86. We've been camping at Buckeye Lake KOA. Not any cheaper I'm sure, but it's a nice campground and is only fifteen min. from Heath and ten min. from track.

all the action was in Heath, We'll be there

bee for a body site.jpg

Monica and I and the rest of our crew are definitly going again this year. Last year was my first year for the Nats, and our Dart's first really long road trip.. We had a fantastic time. Cant wait to do it again...

Never been there. What am I missing?

EVERYTHING!
I will be there with Brother John, Denny, Dave, Hank the crank and other friends. I will have the Hemi duster there, I drive it from Pittsburgh to the Nats every year. Dave will bring his BB Duster or his almost complete 64 Plymouth Police car clone... Hank has a 74 Challenger that was owned by a fellow that was on the Edmond Fitzgerald when it went down....crazy history on that one or he my bring his Demon... not sure. Either way it is going to be a fun time....cars, beer, food and cars! See you boys there!

the cruzing in heath was awesome!

Your definitely right, i took my bright green neon cruising at brice on friday and the police had us shut down early. saturday i went to heath and we were still cruising after 10.

I'll be there one way or another, I already have my reservation for Columbus Gatehouse Inn... I stayed there last year. Clean, close to Brice Rd. ( I know it's gone down hill... but i still have to spend at least one night there) and the price isn't that bad.

Ya Brice road has went down hill the last few years because of their Patrol.
Heath was very good cruising last year. Might check Fairfield Inn in Reynoldsburg,OH that is where I stay. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
Matt

Hey Matt, I go to Heath every year, park in front of Best Buy. Hopefully I'll have the car there this year, we'll go for a spin!

Nothing like the Nats, missed one year in the last 7. I usually go to Brice for a little bit on Friday, but Heath on Saturday is so much better that I may skip Brice this year... Heath has so much more room and the city actually seems to appreciate the cruising.

I usually buck up for a golf cart rental on Saturday, too. It ain't cheap, but I can haul my brother, dad-in-law, cooler of Cokes and sandwiches around and we have time to see virtually everything that way.

If I remember right it was $90-95 a day.

Last year I got it mainly because my dad-in-law was pretty weak from a long hospital stay, and was in pretty bad shape after walking all day on Friday. But after having one, I decided to get one on Saturday again this year...I know guys who buy them and cart them in their trailers, but for no more than I need one, a rental is the way to go.

I got my room in heath reseved. I will most likley be making the drive in my duster. Cant wait.

I was last there in 2005. It was so HOT my eyeballs were sweating. I think we sweated more out faster than we could take in.
My wife & kids thought they were in HELL. I of course thought it was HEAVEN. We were finishing up our family vacation from Washington DC, Philly, etc.. and did not have the Dart GT.
Unfortunately, I will miss it this year as I plan on taking some vacation time during the DreamCruise (the week after the Nats).

i canceled my reservations, i can only afford nats or carlisle this since i have no job security. i choose carlisle.

So far my plans to be at the Nats are still on... This is assuming of course I get the Dart back together before August.. Had a bunch of work to do to her hind end.. and now I feel the economic death grip that everyone else is caught in.. Moneys tight and my baby is still up on jackstands LOL ...

Never been there. What am I missing?

NOT MUCH! The Nats is the most over priced, unorganized, mess I have ever seen! Carlisle is 10X better! Now remeember, I'm talking about the actual show! If I lived close I would go hang out in Heath, that is way better than the actual Show! I'll never give those bastards another dollar of my money! :angry7:

-
Back