Mopar Nats 2011

-

BarryC

'74 Duster 360
Reaction score
I need some help. I haven't been to the Nats since 1999. I was planning on going this year because of the Duster tribute. I was needing some opinions on a hotel room. Where do all of you recommend staying. Is the best place on Brice Road or Heath. Have read a lot of postings about Heath, but I never heard of it. I was hoping for a hotel where a lot of action takes place around. I was also needing a good one to park two pickups with trailers at. What does everyone recommend.

Thanks everyone.

Brice Rd. is DEAD!!! Heath and Hebron are the places to stay, although everyone is catching on to this and rooms are extremly hard to come by there. Try Buckeye Lake, a lot of people I know stay there. I will also call my buddy and ask him where he's stayed for the last couple years. It's somewhere just north of Heath and the rooms are downright CHEEP, by Nats standards anyway. $89.00 a night I believe!!! I'll chime back in when I hear from him!!! Geof

Drove out from Cali last year and stayed in Dayton. It was about a 40 minute drive to and from the Nats, but the room was $50 a night. We were right near the Air Force museum which we spent two days at.
I'm planning on driving my Duster up there this summer, and will stay a bit closer to the Nats if possible. 10,000 miles round trip in an old Mopar sounds like one hell of a way to celebrate graduating college.

Thanks guys for the info. Hope to hear more from you Cosgig. I dont want to stay to far away because I plan on showing in the tribute area and hoping to do some cruising.

Anyone else got any info??

Thanks

Nothing going on at Brice Rd except maybe quiet dinner. (Which isn't all bad)
The hotels at Heath are already booked solid. Same with anything north of Heath.
Unless, you want to shell out a small fortune for a room your just going to sleep in for a few hours.
Look on expedia and check most anything out on the east side of Columbus.
Grove City is about 35 mins away from Nat Trails. It's all highway so it's not a hateful drive at all. Obetz may be 25 mins. and it'll be the same if you go around the airport area.
I'll be staying at Obetz, most everyone at the hotel will either be a vendor or have cars at the Nats. It's not a bad drive and the hotel is pretty nice for $50 a night.
Dayton is a little far out there. The Air Force Museum is worth the trip though. If we have a bad weather day, I certainly recommend a visit.
The cruising at Heath is great. The police are cooperative, and understanding. Just don't do something really stupid and you won't have a problem. I actually had a better time in Heath than I have ever had on Brice Rd.
If there is anything else, give me a shout.

Zanesville is about the same distance from the show as Brice Road (maybe a few minutes farther), but its east instead of west of the track. You Don't want to be in the down town part of Zanesville, but the west end wouldn't be too bad for driving to the show. But theres not a whole lot there.
Like the others have said, the Heath and Hebron area is the place stay for the cruising, and theres plenty of restaurants there. But those hotels are likely already booked solid.
You may just end up on Brice or one of the hotels by the Columbus airport. If you stay near the airport, a couple of the hotels there have easy access to a back way out of the airport which is vital as traffic on the main road past those hotels to the airport can get real bad. For many years we stayed at one of the hotels by the airport and they always had a hose and towels available for washing cars and it was cheaper than staying on Brice.
Unless you need to go back to your room before going to the cruising, just plan on going straight from the track to Heath, and back to the room afterwards. Whether you stay on Brice Road in Reynoldsburg, or at one of the hotels by the Columbus airport, or on the west end of Zanesville, you'll be about 30 to 40 minutes drive to the show.

Thanks Jim and Gunbunny. Are you going Jim and if so where are you staying? Are you bringing your barracuda? Which hotel are you staying at Gunbunny and what mopar will you be bringing?

I'm happy I don't have to worry about it anymore. I used to when it was in Indy. Now, I only live 45 mins. from Nat. Trail and Heath. I believe people start booking the hotels for the next year's Nats when they check out after the current show. Thats about how fast they book up.

-
Back