Mopar Nats again....

-
Nice dart btw.. I almost wrecked when i saw your parade...i did get whiplash tho

The Nats was great as usual. Saturday in Heath was out of control! My Duster was in the young guns section. It was judged on friday and I took third place for original class. I was pretty excited about that.

DSCF6496.jpg

Nice dart btw.. I almost wrecked when i saw your parade...i did get whiplash tho

LOL!! Thank you.. It will be even nicer when the body work is finally done and its all painted B5 blue.. Though I get alot of people who like the 'work in progress' look.. my one friend says it looks mean goin down the road with that black front end.. I have toyed with the idea of painting the car hot rod black for now.. as it will be a few years before I aquire everything I need to complete the project.. maybe I should take a poll LOL ...

I did notice alot of people rubber necking while we were lined up like that.. I think thats neat to run in a line like that.. I even had one kid (probably 7ish) lean out the window of his dads car while we were in traffic in West Virginia to yell 'nice car' at me LOL ...

The Nats was great as usual. Saturday in Heath was out of control! My Duster was in the young guns section. It was judged on friday and I took third place for original class. I was pretty excited about that.

Congrats on 3rd place!! thats awsome.. I saw your car while we were there, and it is a very sweet ride indeed!

Your welcome for the pics.. Don Garlits is definitly a class act.. great guy, loves hangin out with the fans and talking to people.. Like I said earlier, Mopar people are the greatest.. here are a few more pics. One of our cars at the hotel we stay at every year.. we take over the place LOL .. set up chairs, bring along a grill and food, cook out and have a great time til the we hours of the morning LOL .. also a couple more pics from the meet.. then the last few are from Saturday night in Heath for the car cruise.. I couldnt believe how many people lined the streets... it was a great time...

Thats the same hotel that I stayed in last year.

Took my son again this year & we had a Great time! Our car still isnt done yet, so we only go on Sunday. As usual, we got to meet & BS with alot of very cool Mopar people. If all goes well, the Fish will be making the trip next year. Here are a few pics I took...

Dads pics 034.jpg

Dads pics 021.jpg

Dads pics 003.jpg

Dads pics 016.jpg

I was there sat. only , great show , too much to see in one day ,only gripe no place to park got stuck way in the back 40 between car trailers and i believe attendance was down from past years.

st.ignace 2009 015.jpg

I went for the first time! The wife and I had a blast! I figured 1 day at a car show would be enough. WRONG!!!!
I only figured for 1 day. Won't ever make that mistake again.
Was able to find every thing I needed at the swap meet, and bought a few things that were just to good to pass up. The swap meet area was awesome.
Did the Brice Rd thing, but have to agree with everyone, it was kind of lame.
Next year, I'm there for the whole thing.
Got pics and will share later.

Took my son again this year & we had a Great time! Our car still isnt done yet, so we only go on Sunday. As usual, we got to meet & BS with alot of very cool Mopar people. If all goes well, the Fish will be making the trip next year. Here are a few pics I took...

That yellow 68 Barracuda you took a pic of was my best friends Cuda... my other friends 65 Barracuda was next to it, and then my Dart.. Great to hear you had a good time, Monica and I and the rest of the gang are definitly going next year.. I hope your fish does make the trip, and I hope to meet up with you next time....

I went for the first time! The wife and I had a blast! I figured 1 day at a car show would be enough. WRONG!!!!
I only figured for 1 day. Won't ever make that mistake again.
Was able to find every thing I needed at the swap meet, and bought a few things that were just to good to pass up. The swap meet area was awesome.
Did the Brice Rd thing, but have to agree with everyone, it was kind of lame.
Next year, I'm there for the whole thing.
Got pics and will share later.

Once you go for the whole thing you will be hooked!! lol.. There really is too much to pack into one day.. we love going for the whole weekend.. its an awsome time..

heath was total grid lock by 8 pm, it wasnt even close to the fun of past years

Yeah.. traffic was a bit insane this year... But I had the feeling it would start to get that way... All in all we still had a blast in Heath..

My son and I went up on Saturday, got there about 9:30 there time from Evansville, Indiana 5hrs or so ....ya we left early. I didnt go last year but I have been the last 13 years, at the last minute we decided to go. Glad I did it was fun, but I miss staying up there and seeing all the night life. Maybe next year. here are some Pics

Mopar Nats 09 008.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 133.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 006.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 007.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 026.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 127.jpg

Mopar Nats 09 032.jpg

That yellow 68 Barracuda you took a pic of was my best friends Cuda... my other friends 65 Barracuda was next to it, and then my Dart.. Great to hear you had a good time, Monica and I and the rest of the gang are definitly going next year.. I hope your fish does make the trip, and I hope to meet up with you next time....

Sounds good. We are practically neighbors, I just noticed where your from. I'm in Mckeesport. Glad to see the A bodies are running strong in western Pa!!!

Sounds good. We are practically neighbors, I just noticed where your from. I'm in Mckeesport. Glad to see the A bodies are running strong in western Pa!!!

Well hell in that case we dont need to wait until next year to meet.. LOL .. hopefully we will catch each other at a local show before the end of the season...

Thank you for sharing a great day and car show =P~
It's good to see Don Garlits is looking well, He had his fingers taped up last time I talked to him, I don't see his hearing aid, It must be a new small one or he just has one in his left ear.
He burnt his right hand fingers in Memphis and they look good know.:love7:
I use to mowe his yard in Fla. a real nice man :cheers: And still running fast.

Ya speed racer i remember seeing you and your car. Im 6-4 and dont look up to that many people. you must have your seat moved back cause mine is in the stock location and its going to be changed soon.I forgot how uncomfortable those seats were till i drove 170 miles non stop.hears my car(the blue one).

Copy (2) of P1000421 (Medium).JPG

-
Back