[WANTED] Mopar NOS 1969 Barracuda Formula S tail Emblem

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for a Mopar NOS 1969 Barracuda Formula S tail Emblem
thanks
jp

You can ask Davesduda if he has another one, but I believe he told me I bought his last one.

Not sure who else might have an NOS one. You could try Brad's, Len Dawson's Deception Pass and I believe a company in Canada (have to find the name for sure, but think it is called National Mopar Parts). Thos usually have some of the more hard to find NOS items.

If you want to go repop, I believe I got mine from Layson's, but would have to check my records.

Hope that helps..

Dan

You can ask Davesduda if he has another one, but I believe he told me I bought his last one.

Not sure who else might have an NOS one. You could try Brad's, Len Dawson's Deception Pass and I believe a company in Canada (have to find the name for sure, but think it is called National Mopar Parts). Thos usually have some of the more hard to find NOS items.

If you want to go repop, I believe I got mine from Layson's, but would have to check my records.

Hope that helps..

Dan
Would you know what the NOS part number is. thanks.

Would you know what the NOS part number is. thanks.
I'll have to check this evening. I looked at it when I first got it, but didn't really memorize it. I just put it back in it's packaging and put it up for safe keeping with the Layson's repop that I had purchased with the S tail panel, before seeing Dave had NOS ones when I got the grilles and other NOS parts.

I'll have to check this evening. I looked at it when I first got it, but didn't really memorize it. I just put it back in it's packaging and put it up for safe keeping with the Layson's repop that I had purchased with the S tail panel, before seeing Dave had NOS ones when I got the grilles and other NOS parts.
Thanks

This is NOS repops look like ****

0E83FAF6-29AF-4979-AC1D-6CBE02854D4A.jpeg

4FF91B5A-4D18-4CBD-89CC-B25858F19D01.jpeg

D78380F2-C025-41B9-8A4B-919961F738B1.jpeg

Dave LeTourneau in Conn. @ Carlise had one on hand and one home NICE he wanted $175

[email protected]
203-376-3739

Had ALOT of 69 NOS
Layson"s has a good looking repop and they have the 340-s and 383-s callouts

Last edited:
Dave LeTourneau in Conn. @ Carlise had one on hand and one home NICE he wanted $175

[email protected]
203-376-3739

Had ALOT of 69 NOS

I believe Dave said I had bought his last NOS one, but I could be wrong. Yes Dave has amazing NOS and really good used parts. I drive from VA to CT just to get some of them before Carlisle (and a couple of pieces since).

This is NOS repops look like
Has the emblem been installed on a panel? Why I'm asking is that the attachment pins need to be mushroomed over when installed to the panel.

I made one from a 68 formula s badge. They are easy to come by. Used some black paint. Turned out passable for a driver & cost $35 I think.

8798DF17-6EDB-418F-BE7B-2D6C812C3EB5.jpeg
9C6BDBCD-FF4B-4E27-89C1-BCC09D97B5D8.jpeg
Tough deal when you know you have one good shot at it. Make sure your tail panel is premo before you peen that very nice original NOS on!

Comparison between old and repo. Note, first one is original and shows the wear of time. The pegs allow one shot for peen then after you are epoxying it on or something.

[email protected]
203-376-3739

Had ALOT of 69 NOS
I can not locate any fender 340 or 383-s fender call outs or tail panel on laysons?

Last edited:
69C-VC183...1969 Barracuda..."340-S" nameplate on fenders....$52

343-50317...1969 Barracuda...“383-S” – Fender emblem...$94

MR-69CFORMS...1969 Barracuda...Formula "S" Trunk Emblem...$98

The trunk emblem is quite nice but the black seems to be a tad shiny as compared to a NOS original. It fits nice though and the fish is currently wearing this MR-69CFORMS. Not displeased!

No
What was the black finish on the originals? Was it flat, satin?

Not sure but was closer to the finish of the tail panel. The repo Rick listed and the one on my Fish now had a bit more gloss in it! Course even a NOS even if stored in the dark may seem a little flatter. They are only 50 years old now.

It still looks nice though!!

Last edited:
if I had a concours car I would buy the NOS.

The trunk emblem is quite nice but the black seems to be a tad shiny as compared to a NOS original. It fits nice though and the fish is currently wearing this MR-69CFORMS. Not displeased!
The font on the emblem is not correct either. Like most new repro emblems.are very wavy also

I don't see them in the laysons web page? I am looking for the 383-s fender emblems.

I don't see them in the laysons web page? I am looking for the 383-s fender emblems.

The 383-S fender emblems are currently in production and should be in stock and ready to ship in a couple of months......right now, we do not have a pic available for those....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back