Mopar P5007696 Cam

-

MB43

Reaction score
Does anybody have any info on the new P5007696 cam? It's a 508 lift hydraulic for a small block, I think it's replacing the older 508 cam. It's a 292/292, .508/.508 lift, but with a 114 LSA, the older one (the 233 cam) has a 108 LSA.

How does it compare to the older Mopar cams, or other manufacturers cams?

mikelbeck said:
Does anybody have any info on the new P5007696 cam? It's a 508 lift hydraulic for a small block, I think it's replacing the older 508 cam. It's a 292/292, .508/.508 lift, but with a 114 LSA, the older one (the 233 cam) has a 108 LSA.

How does it compare to the older Mopar cams, or other manufacturers cams?

I wonder if it's as good as the one that just disintergrated in my new motor..... :roll:

What was that gentlemans name, Scott Brown? :thumrigh:

Its a more streetable version of the older version. The wide 114 LSA will idle better and have a broader power band. The 108 LSA version will idle like a pro stocker and make more midrange power.

If your interested in the .509" grind Id look at the CompCams version. Either way that cam is going to want compression, gears and a loose converter.

fastbackcuda said:
Its a more streetable version of the older version. The wide 114 LSA will idle better and have a broader power band. The 108 LSA version will idle like a pro stocker and make more midrange power.

Mmmm... Idle like a pro-stocker.... < drool >

If your interested in the .509" grind Id look at the CompCams version. Either way that cam is going to want compression, gears and a loose converter.

I'm not necessilary looking for a 508 or 509 cam, I just saw this one at a real good price.

Ive heard way to many stories about the MP cams going south lately. Although that cam is nasty souding and its kinda a requirement to run it if you have a mopar.

-
Back