Mopar Performance#312-P4529415 springs question

-

lee g

Reaction score
Spoke with Jeggs about them canceling my order for the Afco 20231m. They spoke with Afco and they have one spring in stock and do not have a date to manufacture any more. I am looking at these but can't find the spring eye to see what bushing I need and have read that I will need a different front spring hanger since the front segment is longer. Anybody run these?

Mopar Performance#312-P4529415
Oval Track Leaf Spring
1" Arch
1/pkg

I use the landrum equiv on my dirt car. check with speedway motors. or summit racing I think summit dose free shipping over 99$. I don't think the little extra front segment lenghth will cause any problems. they come with front bushing for 5/8" bolt and I believe use a 1" bushing in the rear.

PS I think they have a different spring for dirt or ashphalt so depending on your application check into that.

Lee
Can let you know for sure on eye size in a couple days when mine get in. Not sure on spring hanger but will be able to tell you that once I start the rodeo.

I'm pretty sure the rear eye is 1", not sure on the front since they come with bushings installed. You can use Energy suspension 2-2117G's for the rear eye with the standard A body rear shackle. The front segment length is 20.5", which is 1/2" longer than standard.

Basically, it is the same dimensions as the AFCO 20231m. I'm not exactly sure how the arch will work out on them the P4529415 is supposed to be +1" over zero arch, with the P4529414's being zero arch. The Afco 20231m's on my Duster don't quite sit down to zero arch, but I'm not sure they would work out to be +1 either.

I run the 20231M's on my Duster with the stock front spring hanger. It moves the axle back about a 1/2", maybe a little less. It actually centers the wheels in the wheel wells, so you get better tire clearance. The driveshaft is the only thing to be concerned about, if you're planning on keeping the same one I would re-check to make sure you have enough yoke engagement after the swap. But given how much ride height etc varies on these cars, I wouldn't say automatically that you'd need a new driveshaft. The driveshaft in my Duster, although shortened from a longer one specifically for my current axle location, is the standard length for a A833/8.75" rear duster.

Lee
Can let you know for sure on eye size in a couple days when mine get in. Not sure on spring hanger but will be able to tell you that once I start the rodeo.

Did you end up ordering from Summit? Do they carry the P4529415's? Or just the 414's?

Are you runnin oval track?

Summit did not have them had about every spring but that one. Did not call them though was a little peeved at them for having them listed as available. Wonder who is supplying the Mopar ones to everyone? Does not look like a coincidence that AFCO stopped the 20231M. Looks pretty close to being the same sping. Looked it up on Mopar Performance. So I GTS it and found the cheapest one with shipping. Dodge dealer so should be good to go.

Rusty
no roundy d round but plenty of curvy roads out here. Some are as good as the Million Dollar HWY I grew up driving in CO. But lack the altitude down here.

Is there anything we need to know about them? Have you had experience with them? Inquiring minds want to pick you brain if you have. The spring rate is what I wanted. Sections are almost the same. I'm no spring guru that's for sure!!

The spring doesn't know what it's doing. :D

It's a 120 lb/in spring with a reinforced front section that should sit fairly close to zero arch. All things that you want in a good handling spring. If you wanted to do oval track you'd set it up so you had a 414 on one side and a 415 on the other. For general handling you just use a matched pair.

Have you tried General Spring? They have a pretty good spring rate chart to go by.

Anyone have these MP springs on their car so we can see how look installed (arch, stance, ...)?

-
Back