Mopar Performance Lifters

-
Go to the speedtalk. com website. Look for the lifter thread dated June 29. Read what site owner & cam grinder of 40 yrs Mike Jones has to say about quality & country of origin...

I had two Micro Trols go bad. Called Lunati and the first thing they said was only two things will wipe out a cam lobe, not enough zddp and to much spring pressure. I told them I took out the inner spring and added a zinc additive. He said send it in and we will look at it. Im going to bet they say it was my fault. Oh well, it only cost $10 to send it to them. alot of people are getting bad lifters
Mine was broken in just fine, only outer spring, the recomended lunati springs, all the lubes, has run good as mentioned. Did not expect this.

I don't think any lifter is infallible. Some better than others, yes, but none infallible.

So, now they are all out. Not two of them has the same wear pattern. Five can be thought OK. Others pitted, one severely, guess that one the next to fail. I have taken apart old used junkers with better ones.

IMG_20221101_190144.jpg

I just got a mail reply from Mellings technical services manager. Their lifters are made in either a facility in North America or Mexico by an "OEM tier supplier and are of OEM Quality, not the overseas lifters you are hearing horror stories about" end of quote. Well, thats reassuring i think. They have a #290114 hi - rev lifter. Might be worth a try.

Give them a call u will reach a [HUMAN] who actually gives a **** and appreciates customers !
Makes me wonder if a set of those and, if someone makes any worth a darn, a set of factory type 1.6 rockers would add any "oomph" to a .484 purple cam?

-
Back