Mopar performance single plane fitment on a magnum

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey guys
Has anyone tried to fit the mopar performance single plane manifold to a magnum. Does the aircon still fit? I read maybe not but not 100% sure.

Magnum air conditioning compressor? Or the LA compressor?

OK, MoPars M1 single in a Magnum engine with the stock Magnum acc. drive. Pump pulley etc...
Does the Magnum's A/C compressor fit?

Someone out there has done this right?!?!

Hey guys
Another question about this manifold.
This is the only one I can find to fit a magnum.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5007380/overview/?ibanner=MobileSwitchNo
It says it needs an adapter plate to fit the 4150 carbs. I think most of the carbs now days are 4150 style square bores. Anyone know if there is a better single plain manifold to fit the magnum
Not sure why I need an adapter plate. I can grind the intake square or maybe because it's the bolt holes don't align.

OK, MoPars M1 single in a Magnum engine with the stock Magnum acc. drive. Pump pulley etc...
Does the Magnum's A/C compressor fit?

Someone out there has done this right?!?!
No. I'm just running the LA front cover with an RV2 with the MPI 4bbl.

The mopar intake is a spread bore design. there can be trouble with sealing the carb to the intake when using a square bore carb, Edelbrock has got this plate:

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-2732/overview/

There is another Mag single plane from Indy, do a search "360 3m". But i think this is much more taller.

Michael

Hey guys
Another question about this manifold.
This is the only one I can find to fit a magnum.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5007380/overview/?ibanner=MobileSwitchNo
It says it needs an adapter plate to fit the 4150 carbs. I think most of the carbs now days are 4150 style square bores. Anyone know if there is a better single plain manifold to fit the magnum
Not sure why I need an adapter plate. I can grind the intake square or maybe because it's the bolt holes don't align.

I'm also interested in the Mopar intake for use with a magnum AC setup. Anyone doing this?

We have a mopar intake on the way that looks like Victor JR FI. Not sure which one it is, will update if it shows up. Mopar Perf is getting pretty flakey since the big buy out. Not many parts available and what is ends up on BO ofr 6 mo. If thiss doesnt pan out, we will be getting the edelbrock Pro Flow intake for multi port.

Once upon a time, there was a MP single-plane manifold to convert the beer-barrel to something more performance-oriented. I think the carb-only setup in the Summit link above is similar, but the one I have is set up with what appears to be an old-school LA thermostat housing location. This "feature" may have been OK for a race vehicle without A/C, but it puts the left rear A/C bolt well in to the upper rad hose.
Valiant_Engine_Bay_2106-01-03-b by clair_davis, on Flickr

I think I can fabricate a work-around t-stat housing adapter, but a proper manifold would be a better solution.

Full disclosure - my engine is a '72 340 with Magnum timing cover and accessory drive bolted on. I had to fabricate the PS brackets, and then find a belt that came close to fitting. If that makes a difference in the discussion, I couldn't tell ya...

Clair

as far as I can tell, all m1 type intakes are now on national BO, along with MP vlve covers which means they will stay on BO status for 6 months then get listed as discontinued. It seems as though they have pretty much discontinued all 5.2/5.9 magnum parts at this point.

as far as I can tell, all m1 type intakes are now on national BO, along with MP vlve covers which means they will stay on BO status for 6 months then get listed as discontinued. It seems as though they have pretty much discontinued all 5.2/5.9 magnum parts at this point.

Wow I wonder if the dual plane M1 I purchased the other day was the last new one available!

Probably existing stock at a dealer, the carb intakes were produced in greater #'s and recently put on the endangered species list. The FI intakes sold out about 6-12 months ago and were on BO until last month....now listed as extinct

Probably existing stock at a dealer, the carb intakes were produced in greater #'s and recently put on the endangered species list. The FI intakes sold out about 6-12 months ago and were on BO until last month....now listed as extinct

Ok I see now!

-
Back