Mopar Perfromace Parts?

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
Well after being away from the scene for a while , I am back and still have my 1967 Dart Gt Convertible. I will upgrade back to a Gold member right away.

I am looking for Mopar parts. Has Mopar dropped their Restoration, performance parts? when I click the link on the Mopar site it goes directly to Classic Industries.

Pretty much as far as I know, yes. They've not been very interested in performance since before the Daimler molestation.

It sure hurts us Mopar fanatics to see how GM has taken the front seat to offering Chevy engines so low in price and any which way you would like them, short blocks long blocks and big blocks. Not only that but there is so much utilization of their new engines in older cars, which is not an easy task for us. In fact we can't even get parts, motor mounts, to go from a 318 to a 360. Please don't tell me about using washers to make a rube goldberg setup for a motor mount.

They've moved on to the gen3 Hemi platform.
They have made how many gen3 hemis???? I hate to say it, but as time goes on and us old farts fade away, it will be the future of Mopar hotrodding.

Heck I remember back a few decades when Mother Mopar would not let anyone use their name, and they still provided very little for us. Lets face facts, little support from Ma for decades. Maybe some toy available to add to thee new MOPSR Muscle! SIGAFF

It's true they have made probably made millions of them already and most of them have been put in Ram trucks. They are still expensive and need a ton of parts to install them in any of our cars.

It sure hurts us Mopar fanatics to see how GM has taken the front seat to offering Chevy engines so low in price and any which way you would like them, short blocks long blocks and big blocks. Not only that but there is so much utilization of their new engines in older cars, which is not an easy task for us. In fact we can't even get parts, motor mounts, to go from a 318 to a 360. Please don't tell me about using washers to make a rube goldberg setup for a motor mount.
Then slice a chunk out of it and weld it back together. Or if u cant ur buddy probably can. Kim

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to get the correct mounts for the 360 at Carlisle. But a new guy just getting into the hobby may get a little frustrated that he can't get the correct mount.

-
Back