Mopar powered Chevy

-
Nice!

Never go wrong with that motorvation!

thats badass! there is a 55 chevy wagon that runs at sonoma (and has for years)that has a 440 in it.10 sec car.

That is different....last Mopar powered Chevy I saw was a late 70s Camaro with a 440 in it.
Thanks for sharing....

Needs a truck-block 409 stroked to 474...and dressed to look like a stock 4bbl 348. :D

I saw a 57 Nomad at the track (Gator Nats at Gainesville, Fl. this weekend with an early Hemi in it.

btw, Garlits was there signing stuff, but he wasn't himself. One of his crew members said he still cries a lot after losing his wife. The had a pictorial history of he and his wife on the inner walls of one of his trailers. It was very touching.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.

I have a small block Mopar going into my 50 Merc, along with an 8 3/4 and Valarie disc brakes.

You're not talking about the front clip are you?

I imagine he means the front half of the frame.

2WD D50's used Coil Springs for the front suspension, kinda like a 2WD D100-200-300.

4WD D50's used Torsion Bars.

Both 2WD & 4WD had a very low profile Power Steering Box (smaller than a Mopar Manual Steering Box), with a telescoping steering shaft w/ u-joints (no rag joints or couplers to worry about), not to mention a low profile power steering pump too (about the size of softball).

Which made them perfect to rob parts from for custom projects.

I have a spare 4WD Power Steering Box (Actually the whole frame, chopped off behind the torsion bar crossmember), plus the Axles, Transmission, Transfer Case, etc from one of my old D50 parts trucks that I was thinking of transplanting the parts into my '48 Dodge.

Imagine a '48 Dodge with Power Steering, 4WD, 5-Speed Overdrive Transmission, and an original 218 Flathead 6 :D

where are the purists losing their mind??

Other than the scoop that's a pretty badass ride.

what about Finnegan's 55 gasser with the 458 hemi?

-
Back