Mopar powered Chevy.

-

Badart

Reaction score
I am going to look at this tommorrow for the heck of it. It is in our local classifieds. It's a 57 chevy pickup with a dodge engine. I called the owner today and asked if if he knew if it was a big block or small block? He knows nothing about the drivetrain, only that it is a dodge engine. I am more curious than anything. He only wants $1500 obo. I also think that this model of truck makes a sweet street rod. What do you think?

Chevy.jpg

Chevy 2.jpg

They are nice trucks my Dad had one all fixed up years ago. I would pull the Mopar mill for use in one of my Mopars especialy if it was a 340. I would most likely put a chevy engine back in it also. Personally I am not much for cross breeds unless they are funny cars running hemis.

That is why I am doing it. Just curious. Could be anything under there, especially if someone was making a street rod.

I'm not much for "crossbreeds" either, but mostly that applies to people slapping Chevy engines into everything- this guy has gone the other way..

Don't know anything about these trucks except I like their looks, but it seems fairly solid.. gotta give the edge to the '57 grille over the '55-'56 grille you've got, though-

57pickup500.jpg

Maybe you could take a page out of the Dodge Sweptside playbook and find a Chevy wagon.....

That's a pretty solid looking truck from the pic. If you can get it for 15 hundred that's a steal. Worth a lot more with a Chevy motor though, just like a Mopar is with a Mopar power plant. ;)

I agree, drop a chevy engine back in it, i've always liked those trucks, drop in a 454, heck there cheap enough.

Well I went and looked at it today. It has a RB smog motor and 727. The truck looks pretty solid, but the owner doesn't have a title and we could not find a vin number anywhere on this thing. So I passed. Still a cool truck.

The VIN on the 55-59, can be a little hard to find. Very nice truck. I prefer the 60-66 style myself. There are alot of Chevy's around here. Most of those trucks had hard lives. Out of 10 or so I saw. Most of them required a good amount of work.

-
Back