Mopar Rare SBC Internal Parts

-

scastillo

Reaction score
Last friday I visit a old racer here in PR and in his garage have a X block. That have a part# 4104230-318-15 and Have 4 Bolts. But there two Items that I can't find information about it. This parts are the cranksahft and connecting rods that have this block.
The Crankshaft seen as a forged one, have 8 bolt flange and only I found a number in the front of it that is 176707.
The connecting rods are in aluminun and in one side said SUPERROD and in the other side have a like a part # 2014 x-102.
I dont know the size. I pass all day looking for some inf. in the web but I cant find anything. If some knows about this parts just let me know.

I will apreciate any inf about it

This are some pictures of the parts that I am trying to identify. If anyone knows about this #'s stamped in the parts I will apreciate your information!

DSCF2925.jpg

DSCF2929.jpg

DSCF2931.jpg

DSCF2923.jpg

Aluminum rods are no good unless you bought them and know how many runs are on them. They will break.

x3!

No good in any kind of street ride.Should be drag race only.

Sorry cant help you on the crank shaft. The X block is exciting!

Aluminum rods are no good unless you bought them and know how many runs are on them. They will break.

Yes, I Know, was a bundle that he ( The old racer) offer to me, ( X Block, Alum. Rods and the crankshaft) for $1,500.00, with a set of Econo W2 Heads.I bought it because I think that was a good price here in PR, so the s/h from the 48 states to PR for heavy parts right now are relative expensive. This parts was in his garage sience 1983. He told me that the block with the internals have about 40 passes, so I will not use this rods. The Block have a new over bore of 4.80, and is very nice. Also he give to me a camshaft, that again, I dont have also the specifications for it, I have some pics, so If anyone can identify would be great!

This is the part # stamped in the cam.

DSCF2944.jpg

DSCF2940.jpg

DSCF2943.jpg

DSCF2928.jpg

-
Back