Mopar S.F. distribution closed down

-

RPMLegends18

Reaction score
I live about 5 minutes up the road from the San Francisco Mopar parts distribution ware house here in Lathrop, although I hardly ever drive by it. Although I would love to have the giant Mopar sign. I drove by about a month ago and alot of the offices were empty, I drove by today on my way to my parents house and now the Mopar sign is gone, theres no semis in the loading bays, and no cars in the lots. Did anyone hear any news on this? Or is it closed from Christmas?

-Ryan

Our local dealer says Chrysler closed it as part of their downsizing program, and now Northern California is serviced by the Chrysler warehouse in L.A. He says its too bad, because the warehouse in Lathrop was fairly new and designed to be a model of efficiency for future warehouses, then they close it down. I think this occured about two or three months ago. (Rumor is GTXperience stole the sign and it is hanging in his garage!)

Indeed closed down, Chrysler closed the San Francisco PDC and the New Detroit PDC down recently. They were two of the best and most modern facilities in the Mopar distribution network. But the buildings were leased and Fiat management HATES leases. Fiat management is taking over all of Chrysler, they are bringing in their World Class Manufacturing regiment in to all operations. Our skilled trades have been busy making these dumb-*** Roman columns for their Eight Pillars of Manufacturing. They have even painted the floors at Jefferson North Assembly white as part of their plan. <rant on> Come on, build a better product, don't worry what color the floor is. <rant off>

thats too bad, seems I havent been by it in that long then. Hopefully that sign went to good use in somebodies garage. I would hang that in my room...screw turning in the light, let the glow of the Mopar sign fill the room lol

When talking about money, fiat means that it is not backed by anything: or in otherwords worthless. Wayne

-
Back