Mopar Salvage Yard DFW area

-

jaywalkker

Reaction score
Took the plunge and am now proud owner of a '72 Dodge Demon for first project and I need a driver mirror and front valance. But junk yards really stink about not answering phone, email, or having a website so I'm not sure who is stocking what. Can any of you in the Dallas-Fort Worth area tell me what salvage yards there are that still have 60s-70s Mopars (preferrably a lot of early Darts & Dusters)?

I know of CTC Auto Ranch, but that's way up in Denton. I also used one place off Jefferson St in Grand Prairie but that was in mid 90s and I was hoping for someplace more Mansfield, FW, Kennedale area.

Thanks!

Good luck, man. I'm in Fort Worth and haven't located anything with vintage yards. All the yards I've found carry late model stuff.....that's where the market it, so don't really blame them. I've not been to CTC Auto Ranch, but have perused their website. They are very proud of their collection. What part of DFW you in??

Jason

You'd probably be better off on eBay for that mirror. They're a perpetual add on CL down here for some guy that can get body panels (valance) reasonably cheap....I think he gets AMD, but not positive.

Good luck, man. I'm in Fort Worth and haven't located anything with vintage yards. All the yards I've found carry late model stuff.....that's where the market it, so don't really blame them. I've not been to CTC Auto Ranch, but have perused their website. They are very proud of their collection. What part of DFW you in??

Jason

I'm in South Fort Worth and you're sooo right. It looks like if&when I plan to yank the /6 for a 360 Magnum swap, I'll be able to get complete engines for $400-600 easy. But front valance from a '70-72 dodge/plymouth? Impossible. I guess I'm going to drive that stretch along Jefferson in GP again and see what's still standing.

And I hear you on the mirror. I've resigned myself to YearOne or another repop outlet, but you never know. Ppl still find Hemi's in scrap yards so maybe there's a lone chrome mirror for my car. Can't hurt to look!

I have parted a couple of cars. Don't have the valence but I do have a remote mirror and quite a bit of other small parts. Pm me if intrested.

I'm in South Fort Worth and you're sooo right. It looks like if&when I plan to yank the /6 for a 360 Magnum swap, I'll be able to get complete engines for $400-600 easy. But front valance from a '70-72 dodge/plymouth? Impossible. I guess I'm going to drive that stretch along Jefferson in GP again and see what's still standing.

And I hear you on the mirror. I've resigned myself to YearOne or another repop outlet, but you never know. Ppl still find Hemi's in scrap yards so maybe there's a lone chrome mirror for my car. Can't hurt to look!
I'm in N. Fort Worth, 35W and Wester Center. Happy to help when the time comes. Your best bet for the valance is most likely here. Put a want ad out...bunch a guys on here part things out. I bet you'll have a line on one within 24hrs for a reasonable price. It's where I got my rear valance.

I started intending a magnum swap...went down the rabbit of hole of "if I'm gonna do this, might as well to that....then that, then that". Ended up stuffing a 440 in there. Restraint isn't my strong suit. LOL

I thought about that...seems like most of the for sales refuse to ship which is another wrinkle. But will definitely keep that in mind.

And thanks for the offer Captain24! Not having any car geeks in my circle I'm going this completely alone. Engine swap a ways off as I need to fix a bunch of gaskets, seals, carb, body etc. So I can stay busy yet.

I thought about that...seems like most of the for sales refuse to ship which is another wrinkle. But will definitely keep that in mind.

And thanks for the offer Captain24! Not having any car geeks in my circle I'm going this completely alone. Engine swap a ways off as I need to fix a bunch of gaskets, seals, carb, body etc. So I can stay busy yet.
Happy to help. im in the same boat with regards to not having any help. I've bought lots of stuff off this website....there's a BIG difference in shopping adds and putting a "I need a part" add out there. If they answer they'll ship. Hell, I had a hood, fender, and bumper shipped from Denver. Guys/gals on here are great and generally don't try to rape you for the parts. PM if me if you need anything. Not an empty offer. Cheers

-
Back