Mopar Salvage Yard in Maine??

-

demon700

Reaction score
I was talking to a fella last night and he tells me there is a salvage yard in Houlton Maine thats full of old mopars. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it. It would be great if it were true, as its only a few hours from here to the border.

Used to be (20-25 years ago) a terrific salvage yard in Limestone Maine which is just north and west of Perth/Andover here in New Brunswick. Limestone used to have a very large United States Air Force base which I actually visited when I was in Air Cadets (like 40 years ago ). Last I heard, it had been picked quite clean and no one from this area is talking about it. It had changed hands (ownership some time ago). You may still find something if you visit, however I'm rather doubtful. I'm in Saint John which is about three to three and one half hours away from Limestone. With what you can find on this site, I personally wouldn't even travel there to look; unless you want a vacation. As for Houlton Maine, I haven't heard of any salvage yard there however there may well be one. Again, no one from here seems to be talking about it. I'll ask around though and see what the local Mopar community is saying.
Cheers Paul

Hey Paul, all 3 of us are from the Saint John area. Demon700, (Jeff), is from the Willow Grove area.

Jeff, you may want to get in touch with PineTreeMopar, (Tim), he is from up in that area. Also, 340swinger, (Darren), is from the Fredericton area and may know of the yard you are talking about. '70Dart, (Marvin), may be able to help as well. I know he was combing the area for parts.

Jack

I believe you are talking about a place called Bens Auto Salvage. One of the contractors that was working on my house 31/2 years ago was telling me about it. He said there is some stuff in there but to call a head for the hours of operation because hours can be weird at times. He also told me that the guy can be strange to deal with like if you go in there and he doesn't like you he won't sell to you. I don't know if this true or not as I never got a chance to get there as I was so busy before the stroke but it is worth a shot. I think we have a week and a half then anyone crossing the border needs to show a passport, which sucks let me know how you make out! and when your going stateside!

Well hello Paul, I did not know we had another maritimer here, I am Jean-Guy LeBlanc from Dieppe, this is Atlantic Nationals country. Come on down and meet other FABO maritimers.

I believe you are talking about a place called Bens Auto Salvage. One of the contractors that was working on my house 31/2 years ago was telling me about it. He said there is some stuff in there but to call a head for the hours of operation because hours can be weird at times. He also told me that the guy can be strange to deal with like if you go in there and he doesn't like you he won't sell to you. I don't know if this true or not as I never got a chance to get there as I was so busy before the stroke but it is worth a shot. I think we have a week and a half then anyone crossing the border needs to show a passport, which sucks let me know how you make out! and when your going stateside!

We have a wrecker here in southern B.C who is weird to deal with too. He has some older mopars,but can be very strange and refuse to sell.

It's called Smokey creek salvage.

Hi all from New Brunswick (and the rest of Canada). Might as well say hello to those in the United States. Oh heck, the rest of the world. All you Mopar guys and gals.
I hadn't heard of that salvage yard across from Woodstock. Interesting. Maybe someone will take a trip and take a camera along.
Cheers Paul

Hi all from New Brunswick (and the rest of Canada). Might as well say hello to those in the United States. Oh heck, the rest of the world. All you Mopar guys and gals.
I hadn't heard of that salvage yard across from Woodstock. Interesting. Maybe someone will take a trip and take a camera along.
Cheers Paul

sounds like you need to take a bullet proof vest aswell.......LOL

I will try to get in contact with the guy that told me about the place, just to be certain it was houlton. You guys got me thinking now, and it may have been presqisle. I will see if I can find the guy's phone number and double check! It wasn't a Mopar only salvage yard but had a lot of mopar stuff in it!

I will try to get in contact with the guy that told me about the place, just to be certain it was houlton. You guys got me thinking now, and it may have been presqisle. I will see if I can find the guy's phone number and double check! It wasn't a Mopar only salvage yard but had a lot of mopar stuff in it!

Yeah, the guy doing my body work mentioned it. Said he was there a few years ago and remembers seeing a 340 duster upside-down on its roof. He said he only remembers it because he had built a model car with the same paint scheme. He said it had a lot of old stuff, but the duster stuck out.

I was talking to a fella last night and he tells me there is a salvage yard in Houlton Maine thats full of old mopars. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it. It would be great if it were true, as its only a few hours from here to the border.

My Mother lives 5 minutes from the junk yard in Limestone Maine. It was called Calvin West junk yard and after Calvin died about 15 years ago, the nephews that it was handed down to crushed everything. There is nothing there now. He had everything and not just mopars. A lot of really good hard to find stuff. Now its all gone, gone, gone.

That sucks when that happens Darren, sad to see all the old stuff go just for scrap metal. The new stuff is just scrap metal and nothing but!

-
Back