Mopar Salvage Yard

-

Mack F-700

Reaction score
Hello all
Before I moved to Florida from Pennsylvania I went to a Mopar salvage yard in the Cornwall Pa. area. I do not remember the name. Could anyone let me know if it still in business?

Marty was a regular at Carlisle. Sadly, I think he is no longer with us. I'll always remember a November trip there and watching a junkyard goat eat the headliner out of a 73 Charger.

His spot was near the restrooms behind the grandstand. I spoke with his daughter (?) a couple of years ago there. Nice family.

That’s sad to hear. My son and I visited his yard around 2005 to purchase lower control arms for our 74 Dart Swinger. I was visiting Pa last week and was going to stop in to see if he had any poverty dish caps.

I knew of Mopar Marty ( as we called him) since 1981. A high-school buddy who happened to have a light yello 69 Coronet RT 4spd, took me there when I first got my 70 Bee (age 16). I was blown away at all the cool B and E bodies. I wasn't into As yet..lol.
He worked for Hershey foods and had his yard until he retired. He wasn't doing well health wise years ago ( 10?) And I heard within the last 5 or 6 years he passed. He had a young guy who's name now eludes me ( is was something like Spike- lol) he married Marty's daughter and ended up running the yard. Haven't been there, omg.. since around 96 when I flew back to visit Pennsylvania. Got a 70 Roadrunner grille with bezels for $150 . Last I heard it was closed.
Other than Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Sandy Oregon, it was the best Mopar yard that I ever walked.

-
Back