Mopar Show

-

JTG

Reaction score
What is the overall better Mopar show to go to? the Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio in the summer or the Monster Mopar weekend show in Indianapolis in September. Just trying make plans for next year, thanks.

Haven't been to the Nats in Columbus YET, but the Indy MMW is excellent and lotsa fun. Our member Tony Fields has hosted a FABO area for members to gather for the last 2 years........:D

Attachments

• Sept 2012 239 (Small).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 213
I never went to the Mopar Nats either and really can't say much. But as for MMW,I had a blast!!

You gotta go the Nats at least once! You will see cars you won't see anywhere else. Haven't been to the MMW. Yet!

I haven't been to Indy yet, but I've done Columbus for the last 3 years and its awesome!

Have been to the Nats about 15 times (last 12 in a row) and MMW in Indy last 2 times so I'll say it depends on what you are looking for. The Nats being the 2nd weekend in August can be miserably hot but it is a huge event and the cruise in Heath is insane! (so much that I skipped it this past year since it has been mostly locals, brand x and rice burners unlike years ago when we cruised Brice Rd.)
I prefer MMW since it is practically in my back yard (about 8 miles away) and it's much easier to meet up with the FABO family and not as hectic. The 2012 MMW was just the 2nd go round in Indy and as the word gets out about the show it will grow a lot.

Really enjoyed Mopars in the Park in Minneapolis this year. Was surprized about how many vendors they had. I'm hoping to go back this year.Met alot of great members also from FABO.
Carlisle is huge and very good.
Vegas is always a nice show, but the weather as been so so in the past few years that I've been.
If ever you want to plan heading up north in Canada, Moparfest is a great show in Aug. Over 1700 cars made it last year. Lots of good members that make it even better event.
Good luck and have fun planning!!!

Really enjoyed Mopars in the Park in Minniapolis this year. Was surprized about how many vendors they had. I'm hoping to go back this year.Met alot of great members also from FABO.
Carlisle is huge and very good.
Vegas is always a nice show, but the weather as been so so in the past few years that I've been.
If ever you want to plan heading up north in Canada, Moparfest is a great show in Aug. Over 1700 cars made it last year. Lots of good members that make it even better event.
Good luck and have fun planning!!!

Mopars in the Park!
I agree! Have been there the past 3-4 years. Going again next year. Fun show, a lot of nice people. Then there is hanging out at the motel at nite.
Might streach my luck and do some burnouts in the parking lot.

Thanks guys for the input, I've been to Carlisle once, I liked it for the amount of cars and vendors on site, but I still prefer an event with a drag strip on the premises.
I've been to the Mopar Nationals in Ohio a few times, I definitely like this show because its a bigger event.
The Indianapolis show I been to a couple times in the late eighties and early nineties then I believe it was banded from there. Just trying to get insight on this show since its been allowed in that state again, I don't want to do the ten hour drive and find its not as good as Ohio.

Thanks 2darts, I have been to Moparfest numerous times its really good for a smaller show.

-
Back