Mopar small port commando heads,anybody use them?

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
I picked up a set of the Mopar Performance Commando aluminum head castings last night new in the box bare heads. They have the cast in rocker stands and use stock valves.Has anybody had any experience with these heads running "out of the box" with no port work? I have heard several opinions about them but mostly from guys who race or port heads. My motor is not a race motor,its for a street car. 360 bored .030 with 4 inch forged crank and eagle rods. Planning on running a 325H comp cam and an Offy PortOSonic intake with 750 DP carb. Will these heads flow enough to make 450-500 HP or is some porting a necessity?

360 bored .030 with 4 inch forged crank and eagle rods. Planning on running a 325H comp cam and an Offy PortOSonic intake with 750 DP carb. Will these heads flow enough to make 450-500 HP or is some porting a necessity?

Sorry but this setup will not make the power your after. Those heads are not very good, I hope you got them cheap.

I got them pretty cheap. What would they be good for (what cubic inch/Hp output) I have several projects I could use them on.Are they equivelent to the old X-J castings ?
What would you need to do to them to make them flow decent numbers? (remember,not a race car,just a driver)

-
Back