Mopar specific engine shop in Dallas/Ft Worth area?

-
I don't know how close they are but take a look at Diamondback Engines of Rchmond Tx. diamondbackengines.com Take a look... They are racers doing business with and for other racers... MR

I found that shop, they are about 260 miles away, I called them monday, they said they would call me back, but never did.

That's not like them at all.. I have bought several items and they have always been great to work with...

I called Diamondback again, they said they don't do any machine work themselves, they told me to call http://www.waynecalvertengines.com/ in Denton, which is closer to Dallas.

I called and spoke to Calvert, this is what they quoted, I think they sould like reasonable prices.

$145.00 Bore and Hone up to .040 over w/torque plate
$ 8.00 Hone lifter bores
$110.00 Deck block surface
$115.00 Align-hone Mains
$ 85.00 Strip & Degrease block, install new plugs & cam bearings
$ 35.00 New Freeze plugs & Cam bearings
$ 70.00 Polish crank journals
$195.00 Balance Rotating assy

flyboy01 said:
I called Diamondback again, they said they don't do any machine work themselves, they told me to call http://www.waynecalvertengines.com/ in Denton, which is closer to Dallas.

I called and spoke to Calvert, this is what they quoted, I think they sould like reasonable prices.

$ 8.00 Hone lifter bores
$115.00 Align-hone Mains

Even in "Texas" those prices for good work is reasonable. Pretty close to what I have paid - with exchange rate of course :thumrigh:

flyboy01 said:

$ 8.00 Hone lifter bores
$115.00 Align-hone Mains
I used to live in the Denton area(Ponder,Tx) and Wayne Calvert was always known for outstanding work. Where abouts in Dallas are you? I will be using Wells Racing in Duncanville as my fellow employees at work use them their Dirt track engines. I spoke to Dennis Wells today, have been to their shop, visited both engine dyno and chassis dyno's and I'm pretty impressed. I used to manage our Machine Shop at work, so I know a little about good machines as well as competent machinists.

I live in the N. Dallas /Addison Area.

I have heard a lot of reccomendations for Calvert, he knows Mopar and I have heard that pro race teams use him.

Actually, it's probably Waynes son that runs Calvert now. He was pretty old even back in the '80s, so hopefully his son and grandsons got some of his talent.

I am going to drop my engine off at Calvert's on Monday for them to get started. I am going to have them degrease and strip the block, install new cam bearing and freeze plugs, bore it .030, and hone the lifter bores. Maybe deck the block if it needs it.

-
Back