Mopar to fix

-
Which year and body of the mopar family is the easiest to get parts for? There's very little available for the A bodies before 1968. I can't find taillamp housing for a 1972 scamp which is the same as a 1970 dart. I've tried the internet. Mopar is behind the times as I can get everything to completely rebuild a 1964 - 1968 mustang, same thing for most of the gm cars. I don't know how people restore their older A bodies as there is no replacement body panels, grill parts, heck there's not even windlace available for the A body after 1969. I can get universal windlace but that cost points at car shows as the color,pattern, texture is not as factory. No console bodies for the A body mopar either.
Welcome to the jungle. Its no secret that GM (primarily Chevy) did a better job with parts support and aftermarket parts deployment than Chrysler and even Ford for that matter. This was probably due to better financial positions when restoration efforts became more mainstream than just the hobby enthusiast crowd. As well as higher sales numbers which of course produced more selections.

It's really Mopar enthusiasts that have led the charge rather than any conscience efforts by Chrysler management. (Or should we say management(s) due to ownership changes)

The good news? It's certainly one of the reasons classic Mopars typically fetch higher values. But primary reason is still because (What I believe) superior body lines as well as superior power train designs and options.

A-bodies is the best bang for the buck (IMO) in the Mopar world. Certainly for a novice and/or first time Mopar owner/restoration effort. On total cost per car? (Least $$ to most expensive. In the performance muscle car years of late 50s to mid 70s)

A-bodies
C-bodies
B-bodied
E-bodies (Certainly 70-71)
Last but not least? Chrysler letter cars. (They scare me with the body design details and chrome pieces. Along with their rare hi performance power plant options. Two "big thumbs up" to those that tackle that level of restoration efforts and costs.

JMO.

Last edited:
-
Back