Mopar week!!! Mrytle beach sc aug. 6-12

-

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on attending the mopar week event? It's the first one ever and it sounds like the staff and sponsors are trying hard to make it take off and be a very large event! Hopefully as big as the mopar nationals! And what not a better place to host it then at one of the most poplar vaction hot spots with tons of extra attractions out side of the mopar week events! I'm hoping for a big turn out!

I have been thinking about it since Frog first put it together last year. It would be fun - if it were in October ... Between the summer crowds and the heat I'm not sure it will be much fun. I don't think I could enjoy running around in my "hot" rod in 95 degree weather. I think I'll wait and see what the weather looks like and make a call at that point.

Yep I'll never understand some of the thinking for these events--ex.Mopar nat's and this in south Carolina at that time of year--What's wrong with sept. or oct. ,I went to nat's once and will not go again because of the date/weather-Imagine what the turn out would be if they had it in oct.??? and it was 60 or 70 during the day--There would be some fast times put down on the track---Steve

Dang I didn't even think about the mopar nats being at the same time. That could hurt the turn out! And it would be much more enjoyable if it were in the fall but hey the up side is that your at the beach! I've never been to the nats but from what I've heard that its basically a hot hole in the middle of no where. At least when your tired of walking around the show you can leave and go to the ocean or a water park.Plus you have all the other attractions like broadway and all the amusement parks. It's like being on vaction with mopars all around the area.

man its hard for my cuda to ride down there LOADS of overheating i bet

Just trying to navigate up and down Ocean Blvd in early August with all of the people and traffic will be a PITA. Its bad enough with a regular car let alone some high strung hot rod....

-
Back