Mopars at the Patch 2024

-

BVoelzke

Reaction score
Mopars at the Patch , Island Dragway Great Meadows N.J. Sunday June 9th 2024

IMG_0013.jpeg

This isn't that far for me. Is it just a drag racing event or is there a show and swap meet as well? about how many cars attend?
Just a race ... I have to admit the car counts aren't great I have been trying for years to get attendance up

Just a race ... I have to admit the car counts aren't great I have been trying for years to get attendance up
I can remember when the track would open the gates at 8:00 am, and the cars were lined up down the road almost to rt 46. Start time shots at 9;00 am and finish racing after midnight.

I can remember when the track would open the gates at 8:00 am, and the cars were lined up down the road almost to rt 46. Start time shots at 9;00 am and finish racing after midnight.
They still are for the Ole Daze Drags every year .. and a few other events.. Mopars at the Patch original date got rained out last year as did the Ford meet so they combined them on a date in October last year and got a pretty good turnout... don't finish up that late much anymore .

Last year I sent Island DragWay an email about rescheduling the rained out Mopar event, that’s possibly the only reason why it actually got rescheduled.
I sent MapleGrove an email a couple of weeks ago inquiring about a Mopar Day and specifically suggested that it be a combined event like Mopars Vs The World, to boost attendance. I even suggested to MapleGrove that Saturday June 1st would be a great date as there’s a Lantern Festival that night, again boosting attendance.
Saturday June 1st is currently a Test and Tune Day, so making it a Mopar Day would/should be a simple adjustment….. Needless to say, I haven’t received a response to my email

Last edited:
-
Back