Mopars in Aruba

-

dgc333

Reaction score
Just got back from a weeks vacation in Aruba. This was our third trip down so I didn't feel compelled to do all the tourist activities and spent some time driving around the island looking for interesting things to see.

We were heading down to San Nicholas for lunch one day when we met a 70 Cuda coming the other way. It was Sub-Lime with a black vinyl roof and was decked out in AAR stripes but had a rally hood. Unfortunately we couldn't get the camera out quick enough to get a picture and didn't see it again.

We did stop at a place called Underground Customs. They build Rat Rods, 50's customs and Choppers. I picked up a couple of cool tee shirts and took some pictures of the cars in front of the shop. They had a 50's custom Plymouth Business Coupe and several Rat Rods.

MoparsonAruba.jpg

ArubaRatRod.jpg

ArubaRatRod-2.jpg

Man that's cool. Especially when you consider they don't have an abundance of parts around there. Old Mopars pop up in all kinds of places.

Years ago I was taking a ferry from Cancun to Isla Mujeres I spotted a red 65 Valiant taxicab as we left the pier. I thought 'gee, I would love to ride in that.' Sure enough when the boat brought us back there it was! I'll never forget that sweet little Valiant and how smooth it rode down those bumpy roads.

Wow that's cool. I was there about 3 years ago and must of missed that place. I would have like to stop by. Must have cost a ton to get the rods there.

-
Back