MoPars in Farmington Ct. this weekend

-

tom340

Reaction score
Swap meet and show this weekend. May 31 and June 1st. Here's the link for mo info: www.moparsinmotion.com saturday is "fun" day, swap spaces only 500 cents. 22 classes for Sundays show. See ya there
Exit 39 off I-84. Farmington Conecticut. Rte 4 to farmington follow signs to the Polo grounds

To bad it's going to pour all day Saturday. I'll be there Sunday assuming the Polo grounds aren't soaked

Hey, I went today and it was not a very successful turnout. About 15 cars and 15 vendors. But it is nice to support them!I would love to see this become a big show, my dad just keeps telling me how it used to be. I plan on going tomorrow also and I might try to sell some things (only 5$ for a vendor). It is supposed to be nicer tomorrow. Go out and support MIM!

Didnt pour! cant believe the weather held out as good as it did. I was one of the vendors there and did REAL well. Sold a thermostat for a dollar less than $3.00 :) Ahh, the investment opportunities. :cheers: It was fun hanging out with some of the other vendors though. Sundays weather is supposed to be awesome I hope the turnout is good.

I can only hope tomorrow is better. There were 3 nice a bodies though :), 2 dusters and a dart.

I went today (Sunday), what awesome weather. I got to meet Tom340 and his Duster.

To bad I had to cut out early for some family stuff.

Wow more cars than I was expecting. It was a pretty decent show, they need more vendors next year. Anyone think I should post some pics I took?

hellyea post em up! I have some I'm gonna upload to my webshots site, I'll post the link on here later.
I was pretty happy with the turnout considering the club (MIM) didnt have much time to throw the event together. I heard the total show car attendance was 136. No radio advertisement, and no major magazine advertisement. Maybee next year they'll get 300.
Harryhood was parked next to my Duster at the show. Several other A body showcars also are regulars here on the forum.

:eek: So was that you under the tent behind that beautiful duster? Think I should post the pics in the general discussion or just here?

ughh, Im not good at the cut n paste deal so heres a link to my webshots albums. The newest album is titled MoPars at Farmington Ct, June 2008. Just a few select shots here and there. IMO, best A body was that '69 Barracuda 383. Black with tan/black interior. Awesome car, obviously some of it has been restored but so much still in original condition.
link: http://community.webshots.com/user/travlinman62

yep that was I under the blue tent behind the FY1 yellow Duster! Well, I was the good looking one anyhow :munky2:. My pop and bro were there at times too.
Harryhood I remember a few winners. In A body the Red '69 Cuda 440 car took a trophy, the Blue '72 Duster won something and a very sharp and worthy '69 Dart GTS 440 car took 2nd I think. { I notice in A body they failed to seperate the Dodge and Plymouth marquee for voting. } Actually same with the C body class.

:eek: So was that you under the tent behind that beautiful duster? Think I should post the pics in the general discussion or just here?
Post 'em all over! Probably here they wont get buried so quick. Does anyone remember the date for the TRI-state MoPar show in Great Barrington Mass????????????????????????????

These are the trophy winners that I remember.In A-body stock the blue Duster took 3rd place,the red M-Code Cuda took 2nd,and the green M-Code Dart took 1st,(the Dart is my ride)In B-body stock Dodge,my buddy Tom Hackett took 1st with his yellow 70 Dodge Charger 500.In E-body stock Plymouth my buddy Mark Doray took 2nd with his plum crazy 440-6bbl Cuda,and the fk-5 Cuda took 1st don't remember thier names.Sorry those are the only ones I remember. John.

000_0001a.jpg

I hope I didnt =P~ all over your Dart. Really nice ride. Between yours and the Barracuda next to ya I had a difficult time concentrating. Liked that red smallblock Dart too.

Sorry I have not posted those pics yet. I will post them now though! (Past few days I have been feeling a bit sick).

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03038.jpg
(I hope I could make my duster look like this one)!
DSC03039.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03022.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

Here are some non a bodies!
DSC03031.jpg
DSC03032.jpg
DSC03033.jpg
DSC03035.jpg
DSC03036.jpg
DSC03037.jpg
DSC03029.jpg

Man I should have taken more pics of all of those nice B bodies there!

-
Back