Mopars need more attention ?

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Considering it was an article in October "Chevycraft" magazine, I don't give it much credence. I don't subscribe, but got a subscription from a relative for a gift. Anyway, they quoted a guy on page 29 as saying "The Mopars need a little more attention" regarding high-horse, small block race motors. This was from a shop called R and R Motorsports in Benton Illinois, they race vintage Trans-Am. I'm sure these guys know more than I'll ever know, but what would he be referring to that makes the Mopars less durable than the Chevy and Fords on the track ? He stated "the Chevy and Ford engines will run 8-10 races before they need attention, but we go through this engine every three races to make sure the bearings are okay". Also mentioned the "oiling voodoo" with Mopars even with all the mods to the engine, they still lose pressure on corners, this is new to me but I'm sure some here know exactly what this guy is talking about. Thanks.

I saw that to. Must of been a Chev guy, and apparently they aren't as good as they thought with oil control with their stuff. Just shows that some people can talk out of their ***. The more power and revs a motor makes the more often you should tear them down. Hell Iv'e got a Briggs motor that revs to the moon but like them chevies it just don't make enough power to hurt itself to make me tear it down. Main reason is that it's cheap and it's close to the same price to buy another one than to worry about trying to rebuild it.

If he's a Chevy guy - he needs to build Chevys. Why buil and race a motor you think is inferior ? Must be more to this.

-
Back