Morality of my wheel bolt pattern? :)

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
So I have this 9 inch Ford rearend out of a mid 70's Lincoln Mark5, it comes with really nice large ventilated rotors and is wide enough to be cut down to fit any available wheel width into my Duster wheelwell. Does anyone have any compelling, and or moral reason why I should have this rearend converted to a 5 x4.5 inch bolt pattern? Right now it is a 5x5 and my wheel choice comes in both patterns. So I can buy the 4.5 for my fronts, and the 5 inch for the rear...be able to use off the shelf rotors and put the car on the road that much quicker. Oh and by the way the widths on the front and rear wheels are different so rotation isnt a good argument! Thanks for the read, and comments.:burnout:

that is correct sir....it came with 3.50-1 gears and a Traction lok diff! for a hundred bucks, I couldnt say NO! As I mentioned the discs are big....for the era, almost as big as my cop car fronts and they are ventilated with an integral parking brake! As for the flat tire situation..... Yeah, it is covered under my Harley Davidson HOG membership, paid extra, but will be well worth the no spare tire in the trunk! Thanks

Leave the bolt pattern as is. Don't see any good reason to change it.

-
Back