more ammeter bypass info...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, this weekend I get to do some more work on the Duster. I'm going to be running a 8 gauge wire with a 12 gauge fusible link from the charge stud on the alternator to the battery post on the starter relay to get the full voltage from running thru the bulkhead connector. I'm planning on adding a voltmeter in the future as time and funds permit.

Question... Do I still need to remove the wires from the ammeter and connect them together or should I leave them alone????

I'm aware that the ammeter will read low being that all of the juice ain't flowing to it anymore and I'm okay with that 8).

If your going to go that route, if it was me I'd just connect them together on one post of the ammeter just to keep them tied up and out of the way.

hello, i kept an ammeter< was part of new 2" set of guages> but ran a fat wire in parallel from alternator to starter solonoid<think you call it starter coil or switch> now all the load goes down fat wire and i still get an amps reading. i did however rewire car recently and the original wire thro into dash was pretty burnt out and if that fails that it! good luck with it!

-
Back