More Hands In Your Pocket?

-

Daves69

Reaction score
Well, any truth here folks from Oregon?
"This is not fake news. The kind folks in Oregon have proposed House Bill 2877 that would impose a $1000 tax collected every five years for cars 20 years old and older, not licensed as antique vehicles under Oregon statute 805.010."
The Government Is Coming For Your Cars

That is actually a nice way to do it.
Around here about 10 years ago, the DNR just wrote you a ticket for illegal junk yard, for having non operational cars sitting around.

Read an article in Hemmings - the bill was "dead on arrival" according to the chair of the House Committee on Revenue. The House speaker referred it to that committee and the Chair, who would not even schedule hearings on it.

Hopefully it stays dead!

Read an article in Hemmings - the bill was "dead on arrival" according to the chair of the House Committee on Revenue. The House speaker referred it to that committee and the Chair, who would not even schedule hearings on it.

Hopefully it stays dead!
when I first read about this, I filled out an internet circular about contacting my 3 state reps. they all sent me emails saying it didn`t even make it to the floor for a vote.

I love Ohio!
You pay sales tax when you 1st buy the car. None of this annual tax crap like other states. (this applies to all cars BTW)
You go get historical plates, cost about $35 and its a 50, yes 50 year registration.
You can get a year specific plate, they marry that to your historical plate. Just pay the $2.50 registrars fee.
Ohio does a great job of leaving your car alone. Now property tax, they will levy the crap out you there.

I love Ohio!
You pay sales tax when you 1st buy the car. None of this annual tax crap like other states. (this applies to all cars BTW)
You go get historical plates, cost about $35 and its a 50, yes 50 year registration.
You can get a year specific plate, they marry that to your historical plate. Just pay the $2.50 registrars fee.
Ohio does a great job of leaving your car alone. Now property tax, they will levy the crap out you there.

Taxes, taxes??? try living in c(r)ook county, IL (cook county - we call them crooks for a reason....)

They just enacted a tax for "sugary beverages", and now the IL state is trying to go for that too.... You will pay $1.60 in taxes for a $0.99 two liter.....

More taxes than the original product costs.... :bs_flag:

Taxes, taxes??? try living in c(r)ook county, IL (cook county - we call them crooks for a reason....)

They just enacted a tax for "sugary beverages", and now the IL state is trying to go for that too.... You will pay $1.60 in taxes for a $0.99 two liter.....

More taxes than the original product costs.... :bs_flag:
No thanks!
I already refuse to visit the entire state of Illinois.
I had considered it when the Bloomington Gold Survivor show was still going. I wanted to get my car certified (Not that it's really that big a deal). But I understand thats become a corvette only show now.
It was probably taxed out of existence.

No thanks!
I already refuse to visit the entire state of Illinois.
I had considered it when the Bloomington Gold Survivor show was still going. I wanted to get my car certified (Not that it's really that big a deal). But I understand thats become a corvette only show now.
It was probably taxed out of existence.
wasn`t our last president from Illinois ? that's enough to turn me off !!

-
Back