More info on Canadian 72 swinger 340s

-
Very fascinating thread. I had no idea these cars existed and the pics of the ones above are sweet indeed. The herringbone seats bring back memories of my 72 duster.

Rani, do you have, or are you starting a build thread on your clone?

Very fascinating thread. I had no idea these cars existed and the pics of the ones above are sweet indeed. The herringbone seats bring back memories of my 72 duster.

Rani, do you have, or are you starting a build thread on your clone?

my cousin started the thread since we pretty much shared the car and he is helping fund the project because he don't work on cars anymore, so this car has become my project but still is a separate deal from my 68 or the wagon.

this 72 was a very high optioned car as far as trim so I have to go backwards and delete a lot of options ....it originally had the deluxe interior and the chrome grille surrounds and decklid chrome and bumper guards all which are not typical for "specials"

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=233748

:D
I would rather have a real 72 Canadian Swinger special anyday over a HEMI cuda. the 72 Swinger is my favorite car ever so a Canadian 340 72 swinger is the ultimate of ultimate to me :D

So your dream car is 340 powered? HMMMM........:happy1: :D

Good thread, the 71-72 340 cars are interesting :glasses7:

Quote -this 72 was a very high optioned car as far as trim so I have to go backwards and delete a lot of options ....it originally had the deluxe interior and the chrome grille surrounds and decklid chrome and bumper guards all which are not typical for "specials"

Just so you know Rani there was some differences on the way these cars were optioned so you might not need to delete as many options as you might assume.

1971 Dart 'Swinger Special' 340.

Yes, they did exist.

In 1971, we {from New York} went to Canada to race at San Air.

There was a 1971 'Swinger Special' with a 340 that was classed in "G/SA" with our 1970
'Duster 340'.

We 'protested' because they stopped making the 'Swinger 340' 1970.......or so we thought.

Yes, they were available in Canada, and NHRA Legal.

White71Swinger340Fr.jpg

1971 Dart 'Swinger Special' 340.

Yes, they did exist.

In 1971, we {from New York} went to Canada to race at San Air.

There was a 1971 'Swinger Special' with a 340 that was classed in "G/SA" with our 1970
'Duster 340'.

We 'protested' because they stopped making the 'Swinger 340' 1970.......or so we thought.

Yes, they were available in Canada, and NHRA Legal.

Nice post 69cuda440, and a great little piece of history as well. Thank you. San Air, that was just outside of Montreal so that means one of these little Canadian Hotrods made it out to Quebec - I'm sure it wasn't trailered all the way over there from the West so that means there could be one somewhere in Ontario or Quebec still, so keep an eye out! I've attached an article from Mopar Muscle magazine on the 'scarcest' options and packages you could get for your Mopar and #6 reinforces your statement.

Attachments

• MM_scarce_mopar_pg.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 187
Here a few pictures Rani of 71 Special dashes you were wondering about, 2 Crestview Special (white interior) and a Crosstown Special should you want to see them.

Attachments

• DSC02449.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC01955.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 123
-
Back