More "Mopar-Performance" Woes......

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
For those who took note, a while ago I reported on the Mopar Performance plug wire sets for the small blocks......The orange 7mm wires that are available nearly everywhere you buy Mopar Performance parts........

The problem WAS and still IS that THEY DON'T FIT........You ALWAYS come up with a plug wire that is too short to use, no matter the height of the valve covers..........Mopar Performance wrote us that "they were aware of the problem for quite some time, but that it needed to be reported to the upper management".................WELL ? I don't understand how they can knowingly rip Mopar enthusiasts like this, and then OFFER NO SOLUTION.
We were told that we would have to purchase a SECOND set to get a longer wire. Believe it or not.

On one of our 340's, we have a set of expensive "Mopar Performance" valve covers in wrinkle and aluminum...........aluminum cast........nice covers.........until one cracked up by the intake on the passenger side.............our completely sealed and dry 340 is now a MESS from the oil residue..................The bolts were not overtightened............we don't drive on gravel roads and knock the crud out of the car.............the cover just plain cracked, for what appears to be a casting problem. Mopar won't replace it....................naturally.............and they WON'T SELL US A REPLACEMENT EITHER.........THEY SAID WE HAVE TO BUY A PAIR..........................Isn't that Par for the course?

We had to order new covers (standard steel......old reliable), and now we're dry again.......but what a mess.

I've just about had it with Mopar Performance..........I know a lot of guys will tell me not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.........BUT, there seems to be a real problem over there with customer care......

...in other words, they don't seem to really care about their customers.

Doc

im kinda getting leery about chrysler also. walk into the parts room and they look at you like youre some kind of freak. and i havent seen a new vehicle that i would buy. if the challenger doesnt come out im going with a mustang

that "hecho in tawain or mexico" crap put me into lookin for better quality elsewhere. GMPP and Ford Racing have better products for their cars than we get from MP, hands down. yes it sucks but they haven't cared for years. just buy taylor's or msd and send those back to them and tell them to start thinking about customer loyalty,cuz' you're done. i won't support them until they prove that they care about their brand loyal customers

pastortom1 those orange "resto look" mopar performance wires are crap. they have a high resistance rate and can cause all kinds of mystery misses in your engine. get the blue mopar preformance wires or some other kind and you will be better off. just my 2 cents.............

I ordered a chrome mopar perf air cleaner and the chrome was complete crap on it! I sent it back, reorderd a replacement and it came in the same way. It had what looked like waterspots (black spots in the chrome) and in some places no chrome at all!! Very poorly done Mopar!!! I am surprised it even left the factory like this.....wont be back for more, thats for sure!

Go with the MSD plug wires, much better in my opinion than the MP ones. The only MP part on my car right now is the black MP valve covers…and those I had to hack up right out of the box so they would clear my intake runners :angry4: . I agree, the quality is defiantly lacking…then again, I’m used to modifying every part I buy for my old Mopar. Oh well.

-
Back