More pics 17x7 slammed

-

Henchman

Reaction score
A warm day finally appeared, had to take the ol 65 out for a cruise...

FCA495B2-EC43-42F1-A030-9861CBF6E740.jpeg

DA98D9BC-D5E8-41D5-BD20-BB3525B1D171.jpeg

Looks really good with the wheels tucked up nice like that. Do you have any rubbing when driving. Are you running drop spindles or just big torsion bars, or both for that matter.

Is that done with air bags?
Rear is on bags, have bags for the front. I need drop spindles but don’t want to spend the money because I’m planning on building a tubular front k member and Mustang 2 style a arms.
I’m just having fun with it while it’s still a /6 3 on the tree.
I have a 360 in the machine shop gonna run it 408 and I picked up a rebuilt a833.
Gonna use it as a cruiser for the summer then it’s coming apart for suspension and v8.
The front currently is just the torsion bolts out. The bolts were broken so I had to cut the plates.
I’ve got big cpp brakes, qa1 coilovers and everything I need to transform it into a high performance car, unfortunately I won’t be able to run it that low in the rear on coil over.
I cannot raise the wheel tubs because the top needs to sit down there.

I love the super tucked look but I’m building it pro-touring and form always follows function.

Rear is on bags, have bags for the front. I need drop spindles but don’t want to spend the money because I’m planning on building a tubular front k member and Mustang 2 style a arms.
I’m just having fun with it while it’s still a /6 3 on the tree.
I have a 360 in the machine shop gonna run it 408 and I picked up a rebuilt a833.
Gonna use it as a cruiser for the summer then it’s coming apart for suspension and v8.
The front currently is just the torsion bolts out. The bolts were broken so I had to cut the plates.
I’ve got big cpp brakes, qa1 coilovers and everything I need to transform it into a high performance car, unfortunately I won’t be able to run it that low in the rear on coil over.
I cannot raise the wheel tubs because the top needs to sit down there.

I love the super tucked look but I’m building it pro-touring and form always follows function.

Very cool! Fun project!!

Looks really good with the wheels tucked up nice like that. Do you have any rubbing when driving. Are you running drop spindles or just big torsion bars, or both for that matter.
It’s on bags in the rear and torsions removed in the front for now.
Gonna cruise it low with the /6 all summer then it comes apart for full suspension, v8 and 4 speed.

hopefully drive it the following summer then it comes apart for body, paint and interior

no rubbing what so ever

Id like some more info on wheel size and suspension setup
Suspension is a work in progress, currently bagged in back and torsion bolts out in front (they were broken off and rusted solid when I bought it, had to death wheel the plates out)

I have been big into the air cooled Vw scene my entire life. It’s funny, all my VW friends are all a body owners/ fans.

I was looking into options for wheels but with offsets they way they are, there are not many wheels compatible with an early a body until I realized that VW wheels are almost perfect.
Being a machinist/ fabricator, I drilled the front hubs and made adapters for the rear for now. I picked 5x112 because it was close to 5x4 and was running out of real estate with the 5x130
I almost bought detailed Porsche alloys/ Fuchs but opted for this style.
There are many styles to chose from

Search results

So it’s just sitting on the bumpstops up front then? Because with no torsion bar adjusting bolts or plates the LCA is basically free from the torsion bars.

So it’s just sitting on the bumpstops up front then? Because with no torsion bar adjusting bolts or plates the LCA is basically free from the torsion bars.
Yes, it’s on the bump stops now.
I sourced the plates and bolts, just need to purchase them.
I’ve been posting wanted ads for drop spindles to no avail.
I might just shell out the cash for them for this summer but then I’ll be putting disk brakes, master cylinder... a bunch of work I don’t want to do because it’s all coming out next winter anyway.
We will see...

Yes, it’s on the bump stops now.
I sourced the plates and bolts, just need to purchase them.
I’ve been posting wanted ads for drop spindles to no avail.
I might just shell out the cash for them for this summer but then I’ll be putting disk brakes, master cylinder... a bunch of work I don’t want to do because it’s all coming out next winter anyway.
We will see...

Well hopefully you’re not driving it much, because without the adjusters you effectively have no springs at all. Which is way worse than using the adjusters to lower the car until you’re sitting on the bumpstops, because without the adjusters there’s no spring resistance when you hit a bump either.

-
Back