more sassy grass

-

340 swinger

Reaction score
Im not used to loading pics, so here is a second try.

06320144.jpg

06320143.jpg

I love that color so much. You have a nice looking dart there! I love the blacked out hood treatment and grille. Did you just spray the bezels and grille with the same color as the hood?

I love that color so much. You have a nice looking dart there! I love the blacked out hood treatment and grille. Did you just spray the bezels and grille with the same color as the hood?

Yes, the same paint, black with 20% sheene. I know this color sequence is not correct, but man it looks cool.

I don't really care about correctness. That color combo really does make it look mean. It is also unique, I mean you can see a lot of darts with blacked out hood treatment (but usually painted scoops) I like your blacked out ones. You might have to tell me the type of paint you used on the hood and grille!

That is sharp!,and it happens to be the same color Im painting a 70 swinger-complete with the flat black hood and scoops,but Im leaving the grille stock color,very nice!.

Looks great to me! Good luck with the rest of the build.If i am lucky i might get mine in that shape in the next couple years. Congrats on your progress!

Your getting there Darren. It will look some good at the Nat's.

Jack

Car is almost done now. Valances and bumpers installed. Buffing and polishing should be done by Tuesday. New side marker lights came in yesterday (Year One), new wheels and tires are in the garage patiently waiting, fronts are 15" x 4" skinnies, and rears are 15" x 9" M/T ET streets all on polished centerlines, but first the large bolt pattern 8 3/4 needs to be installed. Rear end (also patiently waiting and sitting on garage floor) has a 489 case with 3.91 richmond gears, strange SS street axels, adjustable pinion snubber, new drums, brakes and wheel cyls, shock plates and spring perches. Frame connectors installed and drive shaft loop extended all the way across to each side of frame for extra support.

Engine is a 69 340 (done 2 years ago), X heads, 30 over forged, .509 cam, 750 Holledy double pump with proform center section up grade and a 150 shot of nitrous, holley blue fuel pump. Tranny done last summer is 727 full manual with stage 3 shift kit, B&M quick silver.

Interior done last winter, low back bucket seats from a 67 GT, legendary covers front and back new carpet and all interior panels dyed black.

After completion (which is now days away) my plans were to sell it but realize I probably can't afford the local Auto Trader's fees for advertisment. This car started out 4 years ago as a local purchase of $ 2500 and I drove it home. I now just tipped the $ 18,000 mark not including time blood sweat and tears. Have A bodies maxed out in value or can I hope this sassy grass green non correct, non #s matching car will someday be worth what I have in it? Who know I guess. I don't think I would ever do it again though. Living in Canada and finding reasonable rust free parts for these old mopar was a challenge to say the least. Might take up playing cards with the senior citizens for my next hobby.

They are always a long expensive haul. Don't sell it yet, enjoy it a few times first.
By the way, I'm getting old and I play cards. LOL

Jack

HI. That looks really sharp, can't wait to see it at the nats. I went to Dartmouth Dodge Saturday for their show and shine, lots of really nice cars. Will get pics up tonight for everyone . Bobby

-
Back