Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
218134535.jpg

218134539.jpg

218134548.jpg

218134553.jpg

218134565.jpg

looks like you went ahead and cut out the rest of the firewall, huh?

Its looking really good. I already miss it..want to trade back? :)

Steve

Lookin really good!:thumbup:
Is that a kit or are you building your own cage?
Did you tie your cage into your rear roof pillars,i'm trying to figure out how to do mine once i get the cage in.

scamp73 said:
looks like you went ahead and cut out the rest of the firewall, huh?

Its looking really good. I already miss it..want to trade back? :)

Steve

Yeah, we decided just to go ahead and ax the whole thing, we still kept the brake pedal assembly and master cylinder mount. Braced it and welded it to the dash bar so it won't go anywhere.

No I don't want to trade back now, I'm way too deep into this.

EvilScamp said:
Lookin really good!:thumbup:
Is that a kit or are you building your own cage?
Did you tie your cage into your rear roof pillars,i'm trying to figure out how to do mine once i get the cage in.

It's a kit from A.R.T. for a 69 Dart. The only place the body is attached is to the frame at the rocker panels at both the front rear crossmember, the front crossmember where the front frame section meets it (this will get cut in the center for transmission clearance) and at the very rear of the car at the tail panel along the bottom edge above the valance panel. The package shelf is still in the car and will stay there to support the roof pillars but I don't foresee needing any additional attachment points. It's pretty sturdy as it is.

Guitar Jones said:
It's a kit from A.R.T. for a 69 Dart. The only place the body is attached is to the frame at the rocker panels at both the front rear crossmember, the front crossmember where the front frame section meets it (this will get cut in the center for transmission clearance) and at the very rear of the car at the tail panel along the bottom edge above the valance panel. The package shelf is still in the car and will stay there to support the roof pillars but I don't foresee needing any additional attachment points. It's pretty sturdy as it is.

Thanks for the info.,i was just wondering about stress on the qtrs. with the roof pillars being cutoff there's not much holding the roof up.
I have everything cut out of mine except for the V-brace where the backseat was.

If you mean the supports that went from the trunk filler panel to the wheel wells then I don't think you have any thing to worry about. As far as I know they were there for deck lid support and for the tension rods. I can't keep the hinges as they will interfere with the tubs so a lift off 'glass deck lid is in the future.

we should have just bought a rusty car with all the cutting..

Steve

Sure....., Take the "easy" route n cut away the crap..LOL That's quite a project. What do you have lined up to propel this beast?

Eric_S68 said:
Sure....., Take the "easy" route n cut away the crap..LOL That's quite a project. What do you have lined up to propel this beast?

The 360 out of my Duster.

Hey Eric, I sent you a PM if you still want to trade some work.

Thanks all. We made a jig to locate the front struts and have them tacked in place. I forgot my camera this week but I'll have pics next week before we do anymore to it. By the end of next week I hope to have the whole front suspension tacked into place and the car sitting on the ground so we can see if any adjustments to ride height need to be made before we weld every thing in place.

His friend is on moparts...He said he would have more pics tonight. He's building a 605 to run mid 7's...He bought it from Eric 5 years ago.

Steve

-
Back