moroso electric water pump drive

-
The 548 in the K had one, I used it on the 451. I have seen it mounted differently on other engines.
newkb1.jpg

Not sure if they flow enough water to be used on the street.....and honestly I doubt it adds 20hp.......you'll probably never notice the difference between and mechanical and electric pump.

It might recover 20 hp at 6500+ rpm, but you'll never notice it on the street. I don't believe that Moroso recommends these for street use either. The belt drive is of very light construction and not meant for continous use in a non-controlled enviorment.

Yep...I agree with Ramcharger. If you must run an Electric pump on the stree the CSR or Meziere. My buddy runs a CSR with no issues at all on his 416 and it sees street duty alot.

On the strip where every horse counts... sure. On a street car... nah.
The engineers could have placed similar to a blower motor on the water pump years ago if it was a good idea. Every drive belt subtracts horses. Water pump may be the lesser of all (smog pump excluded).

I tryed one on my drag car and it ran the exact same number 11.30s with the electric as it did with a March crank pulley. I run the belt drive one again. It is the belt driven fan that robs the most amount of power not the pump. The pump only draws between 2 -3hp with 5 hp at the most. Plus you will loose most back due to alternator working harder to keep up with the higher electrical load, so really the gain may only be 1hp if any at all.

Chuck

-
Back