Moroso fuel cool can

-
Had one on my 66' Charger years ago and it seemed like it helped a little...How much exactly I couldn't tell ya but I thought it was cool and happened to live real close to an ice house that sold dry ice cheap.

Not that one, but yes! Could not even make it home from work in the late 80's without ice in the can for about 15 miles in north florida in the summer.

At the Drag strip it never got hot enough to make a difference between rounds.

I have one for my Duster that i use at the dragstrip. I had some problems of fuel starvation vapor lock at high temps. Found that fuel line was hot so I added that cool can and it has not cut out since. I have mechanical fuel pump so that may have added some heat. I also put on non-metal carb spacer after that also.

If you mount it in a spot that gets constant fresh air, it works without ice too.

It certainly cant hurt if your underhood temps get pretty high.

This is like a flashback to my time when we just made them out of some coiled 3/8ths copper tubing & a coffee can. :D

It certainly cant hurt if your underhood temps get pretty high.

This is like a flashback to my time when we just made them out of some coiled 3/8ths copper tubing & a coffee can. :D

Yup and I remember just making the coil itself and runnin it under the fender so it would get fresh air. We put a shield under it just in case. It worked too. We could tell a difference in the ET and MPH.

Yup and I remember just making the coil itself and runnin it under the fender so it would get fresh air. We put a shield under it just in case. It worked too. We could tell a difference in the ET and MPH.

Never tried that, but I like it.

Found this on Google.....At least I used a top on mine...lol. Oh, and with regular "track concession" ice cubes & a radiator petcock for drainage. :)

Attachments

• Chevy%20409.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 276
Now that's cool right there. ^^^^^^^

I am running a holley blue pump and am not having any fuel related problems. I just figured id ask if the "cooler" fuel would help much in ET. What I am reading here is that the cool can was more of a fix for vapor lock ?!?!

Yep,, vapor lock.60's and 70's. We ran the homemade cool cans as stated above. Some guys would wrap the fuel line with cloth and soak it with water before making a pass. Back then everybody had the hand pump bug sprayers and would cool down the radiator between rounds.Ice on the intake manifold too. Back then they weren't as anal about track prep(none at all).but they did have the mop for the excess.

I am running a holley blue pump and am not having any fuel related problems. I just figured id ask if the "cooler" fuel would help much in ET. What I am reading here is that the cool can was more of a fix for vapor lock ?!?!

Cooler fuel=denser charge. So yes it may help some.

-
Back