Moroso SB Electric Water Pump Dimensions

-

blufie

Cuda Affecianado
Reaction score
I don't want to stir up the electric water pump good/bad issue, just need some specifications.

Does anyone have the dimensions for the Moroso Billet Electric Water Pumps fo small blocks (pn# MOR63565). I need to know the depth measurement from the mounting surface to the rear of the pump.

My new (unused) CSR pump is going to be too deep for the radiator/fan setup I have built and it "looks" like the moroso will give me the clearance I need but can not find specification online anywhere.

If anyone sells these and wants to shoot me a pm with price and dimensions I might become a customer 8)

As an add-n... will likely have an unused (backplate installed but never saw water) red anodized CSR for sale soon :angry7:.

Well... not expecting much but called Moroso today and wham... gentleman on the phone whipped out the dimension in under 5 seconds!!

For future surfers... the depth from mounting plate for the Moroso small block electric water pump is 5.95 inches. My CSR is 6.1" to the motor base and then it has a 1/2" nub on the back making it 6.6" overall. The Moroso will be close but I think it will work for my needs. I'll post a review of it when done.

I was thinking of going to that do you know the amp draw ?I have a little 60amp alt and a big spal 23 amp fan.

I was thinking of going to that do you know the amp draw ?I have a little 60amp alt and a big spal 23 amp fan.

I didn't ask about amp draw and don't remember seeing it... I will post it if it is in the box when it arrive this week. I suspect it will be 20+ but just a guess.

I am using two spal 12" electric fans, electric fuel pump/water pump, and MSD digital-6 ignition so I completely re-wired my 68 cuda with a pro-street wiring kit and did custom cables and routing for power/alternator management to allow for a 140 Amp alternator. It's not done yet but once any gremlins are worked out I expect to be very happy. This car will see limited street use (drive to track or occasional cruise nights) so I am not worried about using an electric pump. If it was a true daily driver I would have gone mechanical for all the reasons mentioned before in many such posts on electric water pumps. :-D

-
Back