mosher axle install HELP!

-

toshoo7

Reaction score
I just bought a set of bb patteren axles and green bearings,i removed thrush button in the rear itself but the problem im havin is the axles themselves seem to be really tight goin into the rearend. (the spline end)i understand their new and old ones are probly worn some.i just dont want to mess this up they were $740 and the budget wont see another set for a long time.any help would be great

should slide right in there. May want to take out the chunk and see if you can see why they wont slide right in there.

should slide right in there. May want to take out the chunk and see if you can see why they wont slide right in there.
i tried them in a open chunk i have also,but its almost like the splines are to thick or something

do you have some old one's to mic. out and compare or see if they slide in?? Moser is the best but sometime they mess up to.

do you have some old one's to mic. out and compare or see if they slide in?? Moser is the best but sometime they mess up to.
yeah thats a good idea,thats what i ll have to do,was kinda hoping it was just me being cautious.thanks this is better than my buddys hit it with a hammer idea lol

na man, your dropped some major coin on those things. I would be the same way. I got Moser's and they slid right in. Hammers are for carpenters.

na man, your dropped some major coin on those things. I would be the same way. I got Moser's and they slid right in. Hammers are for carpenters.
yeah the shipping and border charges is what kills ya,a power disk brake set i ordered from mp brakes was just under $2300 by the time i got it home

we just got some mosers and they took persation to get them to go in... just lube them really well and work them in and out...:sign10:

we just got some mosers and they took persation to get them to go in... just lube them really well and work them in and out...:sign10:
if they mic out ok thats whats goin to happen,thanks i was hoping i wasnt the only one to come across this

do your old axles still slide in easily?

If not, the carrier may have split side gears which have become misaligned.

When you pulled the button did you slide the axles in while you retightened the suregrip to align the splines?

may axles take a few taps from the good old hammer when going in never a problem..(tap not beat lol) mike

do your old axles still slide in easily?

If not, the carrier may have split side gears which have become misaligned.
man i hope not but i ll check,i just had it all done over and checked last july but anything is possible

so did ya realign when you pulled the button?
no i didnt know about that,you got me kinda worried though cause when i put the button in,i just put it in and bolted it back together never had a noise or anything, do you figure i might have screwed it?

The suregrip has to be clocked with the carrier axles. If not you wont get them in. Ask me how I know lol. Hard to see in the pics but theres two sets of splines. each about 3/4 inch deep and they have to be aligned while you tighten the suregrip to the carrier. I bolted mine together with the axles slid in.

Attachments

• party at joes 033.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 141
  • party at joes 035.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 141
ok i see what you mean.so im last time i pulled the axles it must have been luck they stayed where they were.i ll check after work thanks man!

Glad to help. Would hate to se you beat up a good pair of axles. Someone here mentioned this to me and I,m just passing the knowledge on.

-
Back