• Ring connectors bolted together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spade

• Bullet

• Other (explain)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Stop overthinking it and put in a butt connector.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm redoing some wiring and if I remember correctly (I'll check in 30-40 minutes once I'm at the shop) my duster doesn't have a fusible link for the main wire going from the voltage regulator to the bulkhead connector. I'm doing a version of the mad electrical mod and will be putting a fusible like by the starter relay. I'll connect it to the starter relay with a ring connector but would like to have a connector where it meets the 12 gauge wire.

I'm redoing some wiring and if I remember correctly (I'll check in 30-40 minutes once I'm at the shop) my duster doesn't have a fusible link for the main wire going from the voltage regulator to the bulkhead connector. I'm doing a version of the mad electrical mod and will be putting a fusible like by the starter relay. I'll connect it to the starter relay with a ring connector but would like to have a connector where it meets the 12 gauge wire.

It may not be for everyone, but I replaced the fusable link with a self resetting circuit breaker.
That way if there's any electric short that heavy it doesn't kill everything right then and there, as the breaker will retry until the short is gone.
Never liked the idea of something burning under the hood as a built in function with fuel around. :D

Other than that I would do ring at the relay and soldered butt at the other end.

You have a part number or link for that? I'll check into it
I did that and it came back as for a bunch of different applications, but none mention type except for Mopar/Chrysler.
I googled it as the electrical connector with the red lock and came up with it right away, but I didn't save the part numbers.
It had a bunch of alternate part numbers also, but still no type name.

-
Back