most ridiculous trade for your mopar

-
I get all kinds of offers but i Really like the trade idea. just adds to the enjoyment of the hobby to me

Mine wasnt a trade, but I blew a motor; rolled to a stop and had to call a tow truck.
He asked how much I wanted for it. (Fresh paint job @3500, rebuilt tranny @1000, new rear/gears/posi etc @1000 and other things restored.....) I told him to make me an offer. He proceeded to tell me due to the age of the car and a the fact it was a blown motor; it was only worth $2K.

Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. A friend is a Pontiac nut. Last count has 12 GTO's, 2 Judges and a 69 T/A. One of the cars that he did sell was appraised by 2 different companies. Tried to sell it at the lower of the 2, last I spoke to him he still has the car 3 years later.

I REALLY like, when your AD clearly states NO TRADES 18K,
and BOZO keeps calling,
wondering WHY you won't even look at his 80 Camaro ?
About the 4th call from "Mr. Camaro", and AGAIN bringing the Camaro up as a trade, I finally asked him if he can please, READ the AD, NO TRADES, and "Politely" ask him not to call anymore unless he has CASH.
The Guy gets mad and tells me I'm an Asshole ?
I guess Reading is a forgotten art ?

Why would anyone trade a perfectly good mopar for anything else? Unless your getting something worth way more that you can turn around and sell, why bother?

71 challenger for a 73 vega? idk you or your name but i severly believe youre on the wrong site as well. and to the guy with the gtx, very nice car but why ditch the 6 pak? and the gtos are at least halfway decent, but cameros blow big time everybody and their dead grandma has one. and the guy who was offered 2k for his mopar, honestly you did say make me an offer.

71 challenger for a 73 vega? idk you or your name but i severly believe youre on the wrong site as well. and to the guy with the gtx, very nice car but why ditch the 6 pak? and the gtos are at least halfway decent, but cameros blow big time everybody and their dead grandma has one. and the guy who was offered 2k for his mopar, honestly you did say make me an offer.

Why ditch the 6Pak??? Well, the car is so original otherwise, and obviously the 6Pak was not, so I decided to use the $$ from the setup and the aircleaner assembly to pay for rebuilding the motor, buying a single 4bbl intake and new carb, and painting the car. Now I got me a running, rebuilt motor, decent paint job, and 16 years of enjoyment. Much better IMO than a headache like trying to keep the 6Pak in tune just for the "WOW" factor!!! Geof

Yes, I "severly" think that a decision that you made back in the 70's should determine your ability to be on this website! What were you thinking?! And everyone else, you're all stupid. That was all sarcasm, btw.

The dumbest thing I was offered for a '73 Dart was a chainsaw.......

Never have had any one offer a trade for my Dart. Just cash. The lowest offer I have had was 1200 bucks. LOL.

On the other hand I would NEVER sell or trade my 64 Signet, 8 years ago I was offered 25 g's for it and I laughed saying it wouldn't even cover the cost of the driveline. I like things that are different and things that rattle ya bones

Dare Devil, my 90 Chevy pick up has a built Tremac six speed in it, do you have any idea what they cost?

yea i have heard that 6paks are a pain in the *** to tune, and i just wondered why a guy would trade a 71 challenger for a vega????? werent challengers all the rage then and vegas were still chevys? and yes a tremec six speed cost 4 grand and above but you never said that to begin with, so i guess he was thinking wat i was thinking, you were on crack.

Mine's the dumbest of all, In1972 I traded a 70 RR for my ex-wife.

ok thread over mvr takes the cake with that one! lol sorry man im 23 and dont have to deal with that stuff. if i may ask why man why!

I do not know to get rid of an ex-wife I think I would trade a 70 RR.

I guess it depends on what each one is doing for you, If they are both at your home sucking you dry, then I say it was a good deal...

LOL

I do not know to get rid of an ex-wife I think I would trade a 70 RR.

I guess it depends on what each one is doing for you, If they are both at your home sucking you dry, then I say it was a good deal...

LOL

lol good point. i sold an 86 dodge ram 3/4 ton so i could get something alot easier on gas to keep seeing my gf.

i drove my duster around campus for a month at the begining of this school year. im a junior in college and everyday when i pulled into the auto tech lot some freshman would offer me some stupid trade. one kid offered his red civic hatch, some redneck offered his freshly painted s10 with a v6. the worst... a lesbian wanted to trade for her grand prix. why she wanted it... she wanted to paint it purple and yellow with 20s on it and donk it. i wasnt there when she asked about it but my best friend was. she asked if i would trade it and my roomate told her that id rather slit my own wrists than to sell it to a fat lesbian that wanted to donk it.

i drove my duster around campus for a month at the begining of this school year. Im a junior in college and everyday when i pulled into the auto tech lot some freshman would offer me some stupid trade. One kid offered his red civic hatch, some redneck offered his freshly painted s10 with a v6. The worst... A lesbian wanted to trade for her grand prix. Why she wanted it... She wanted to paint it purple and yellow with 20s on it and donk it. I wasnt there when she asked about it but my best friend was. She asked if i would trade it and my roomate told her that id rather slit my own wrists than to sell it to a fat lesbian that wanted to donk it.

lmfao

When I was in highschool I traded my good running 78 Nova to my uncle for a 67 Barracuda Notchback with no motor. I got the way better end on trade even though I couldnt drive it. It was alot prettier sitting in driveway than that Nova.

i drove my duster around campus for a month at the begining of this school year. im a junior in college and everyday when i pulled into the auto tech lot some freshman would offer me some stupid trade. one kid offered his red civic hatch, some redneck offered his freshly painted s10 with a v6. the worst... a lesbian wanted to trade for her grand prix. why she wanted it... she wanted to paint it purple and yellow with 20s on it and donk it. i wasnt there when she asked about it but my best friend was. she asked if i would trade it and my roomate told her that id rather slit my own wrists than to sell it to a fat lesbian that wanted to donk it.

lol, nice. I'll do the same if some brother comes up and asks if I want to trade my caprice so he can do that to it. Yes it's a chevy, but I don't discriminate I like my car. And it's a helluva lot faster than the cuda is atm.

I have been told that my car is worth 100K from about 3 different people though. :D Actually, I won't let it go for less than 10 since both me and my dad have at least 3K each in it.

the comment i hear the most is, "sweet! its the car from death proof! want to sell it? ill give you $1200 for it"

idk why, but everybody thinks its only worth 12-1500. i just tell them that i have triple that amount in it and it would take about 20 grand before i even thought about selling it. and anybody that would pay 20 grand for my p.o.s duster would have to be crazy. and i dont know about you, but i refuse to sell my car to a crazy person.

-
Back