Motor assembly equipment Recommendations

-

Loanobrien

Reaction score
Didn't see a specific area to ask questions about tools so this'll have to do.

Looking for recommendations motor assembly equipment regarding a micrometer and dial bore gauge for measuring main and rod bearing clearances. As well as any other precision tools that I'll need to assemble an engine. Looking for high quality tools, they will be an investment for future projects so price isn't a big factor.
Been looking at Starrett tools but I'm no expert on the subject and there are many different options out there.
Thanks

Machined shop after or before. Lots of differences in what you will need.

Not sure what you're building but lots of people have gotten away with a decent torque wrench, a good set of feeler gauges and some plastigauge for literally decades.

I am sure I'll get hammered for suggesting such ham fisted methods, but they work.

I bought one of these when they had them on sale last year. I also bought a fine grit fish hook sharpener to dress the ends of the rings after filing the gap. My buddy that did my machine work on my 273 let me borrow his ring filer that is exactly like the one I later bought, to do my rings on the 273. Spoiled me rotten and I had to have one because I have a lot more engines to do if I live long enough...lol.

-
Back