motor mount problems in my 67

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
How close to the fire wall should my block sit. i have TTI mounts and Schumacker polylocks. Which I probably should have save about 120 bucks and bought OEM. But anyhow my block is about an inch from the fire wall and my oil pan on the passenger side is an inch higher than the oother side of the pan.

Do you have the mounts on the correct side? This is awful strange.

Do you have the mounts on the correct side of the ears on the block? On my 67 I used the Trans Dapt mounts. The taller mount goes on the passenger side. Something sounds off.

Can you post pictures of what is going on?

If your using the RFE545 transmission, the trans pan is not parallel to the ground. Its deeper on the drivers side.

I have tried 3 different mounts isolaters, swapped sides, turned upside down. The only way it looks somewhat right is if I turn them sideways.

my motor in my 75 is really close to the firewall. I bet I only have 1/4 in at the furthest spot from the motor. I actually have a bolt that is rubbing on the plastic intake. (gotta pull the bolt and chop it down a little it holds the heater box in under the dash) although my engine oil pan apears to be flat in the car. So you might have something going on there.

that sound like a strange situation. everything drop in the holes like there suppose to or is something hanging up

Is it a factory 8 K-member, or a /6 one?

Have you done the motor mount mod for oil filter clearance the TTI site shows?

TTI also shows some measurements I think for where the motor should end up... Have you verified that?

I have heard of the factory K-member being off kilter and not being able to use some headers... This may be like that...

Has the K-member been out of the car recently or anything??

Just Brain storming... Hope something helps, keep us posted.

JOE

Does the left cylinderhead clear the steering column?? :)

O.k. may be K member problem I'm taking measurements but I bought a tubular one 3 years ago I won't say from who yet till I figure out if the problem is Me or the K member. I'll get some pics in here soon. I used the block off plate and went remote on the oil filter.

-
Back