motor mounts

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
I am a little confused. I have a 360 that i bought out of an 85 truck. It came with the motor mounts on it. I bought some a body rubber mount pads. I am wondering if i can use the brackets for the truck with the pads for a car? Or do i need brackets for a car also? Or should i just go with shumacher? I am under the impression that 66 /6 cudas have the same k member as a v8 though thus eliminating the need for shumacher mounts am i wrong? thanks

Early A-Bodies do use the same K, v8 or /6
You will need the 64-66 v8 engine brackets.
Post a wanted ad or buy the schumacher stuff.

To the best of my knowledge, what was said above is correct to a point. The early factory brackets will work to install a 273 or 318 into the early A body cars. To put in a 340 or 360 you have to modify one of the factory 273 brackets to make it bolt to the block or use the Schumacher stuff. It might be possible to modify the 360 brackets you have & make them work but I'm not sure about that. I know the correct set of Schumacher mounts will make the engine a bolt in deal.

To the best of my knowledge, what was said above is correct to a point. The early factory brackets will work to install a 273 or 318 into the early A body cars. To put in a 340 or 360 you have to modify one of the factory 273 brackets to make it bolt to the block or use the Schumacher stuff. It might be possible to modify the 360 brackets you have & make them work but I'm not sure about that. I know the correct set of Schumacher mounts will make the engine a bolt in deal.

Yes, the driver side bracket will need some washers or ? to modify originals. The 360 has a narrower mounting ears than 273/318 so the mount is a tad to wide.

-
Back