motor question?

-

andy l

Reaction score
I have a 65 dart and a 340 auto and here is my problem last week me and my youngest went to go get gas and on the the way home a problem arose. I used the manual shift mode and got on the car a little hard and after that I know have the breather puffing out oil. I took the valve cover off and everything looks ok but if I turn in over I heard a hissing at the back of the rt head. Put the valvecover back on started it and reved it and white smoke comes out the rt tailpipe so any ideas?

let me know thanks:scratch:

did a compression test yesterday and cylinder 2 and 4 are low # 4 has 35 and #2 90 the rest are 130 and above. The funny thing is the car seams to run ok and the plugs looked ok and the valves are solid does it sound like a bad head gasket?

did a compression test yesterday and cylinder 2 and 4 are low # 4 has 35 and #2 90 the rest are 130 and above. The funny thing is the car seams to run ok and the plugs looked ok and the valves are solid does it sound like a bad head gasket?

Sounds like the head gasket portion between 2 and 4 is buggered, going to have to pull the head and see what's up.

Great sounds like my friend John will be pulling the heads and not me just had to happen just as the weather is finally starting to get nice. Goto to LOVE old cars:I

-
Back