MOTORANDPARTS INSTRAGRAM SCAM WARNING

-

67cudaGuy

Reaction score
Hey all this is just a warning that there's a scammer instagram page out there called motorandparts. They claim to sell mopar parts but they take payment and never send the parts. I was blinded by a great deal and lost out on $600. Please keep them eyes open, cheers.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 9.00.09 PM.png

There are a lot of scams going on out there right now. I almost got caught up in one last weekend. I've been trying to find a couple of good used replacement windows for my motorhome. Saw a listing on FB marketplace by a guy in Nevada claiming to have two of the same make as mine that he was parting out. Contacted him and initially everything seemed to be on the up and up. He asked for the info on my motorhome and asked for measurements so he could make sure what he had would fit mine. A couple days later he got back to me and said his would fit my motorhome. I asked him if he could ship them to me and he said he would. Asked for a price including shipping which he gave me. I thought it was reasonable so I asked him what forms of payment he accepted. And this is when things started running up red flags. I told him I could pay him via paypal. He said he didn't have a paypal account. I told him I could overnight mail him a cashiers check and could i get his business address. All of a sudden the wording in his responses started looking like they were being made by someone who didn't speak or write english well. Now I was getting curious. He comes back to me that he has a friend who has paypal. I said great, give me their email so I could send payment. He gives me the email address and it's someone in England. I told him that I wasn't going to send payment to a foreign country. He then tries to re-assure me that his friend can be trusted. I said no, I'm not comfortable sending this payment to a foreign country. He says okay, I understand, let me see what else I can do. Five minutes later he sends me another email address and this time it's for someone in an eastern Europe country. At that point I knew I was being scammed so I shut everything down and blocked this guy. Everyone, please be careful out there.

Glad ya weren't scammed. What I do if someone wants to "compare" to verify(spider sense tingling) I'll tell them to give me their specs 1st, so I CAN COMPARE. Easy for them to say "yep" that's what I got.
There are a lot of scams going on out there right now. I almost got caught up in one last weekend. I've been trying to find a couple of good used replacement windows for my motorhome. Saw a listing on FB marketplace by a guy in Nevada claiming to have two of the same make as mine that he was parting out. Contacted him and initially everything seemed to be on the up and up. He asked for the info on my motorhome and asked for measurements so he could make sure what he had would fit mine. A couple days later he got back to me and said his would fit my motorhome. I asked him if he could ship them to me and he said he would. Asked for a price including shipping which he gave me. I thought it was reasonable so I asked him what forms of payment he accepted. And this is when things started running up red flags. I told him I could pay him via paypal. He said he didn't have a paypal account. I told him I could overnight mail him a cashiers check and could i get his business address. All of a sudden the wording in his responses started looking like they were being made by someone who didn't speak or write english well. Now I was getting curious. He comes back to me that he has a friend who has paypal. I said great, give me their email so I could send payment. He gives me the email address and it's someone in England. I told him that I wasn't going to send payment to a foreign country. He then tries to re-assure me that his friend can be trusted. I said no, I'm not comfortable sending this payment to a foreign country. He says okay, I understand, let me see what else I can do. Five minutes later he sends me another email address and this time it's for someone in an eastern Europe country. At that point I knew I was being scammed so I shut everything down and blocked this guy. Everyone, please be careful out there.

Instagram scammer got lucky and got my 340 refunded not sure how was freinds and family payment reported that person kept asking for screen shot of the payment over over in Instagram messages .

Reported page and my Instagram message conversation also told him I was contacting law enforcement.

Page is Mopar Paarts Gerald Livey he's from Camaroon.

-
Back