Motorhome dipstick install?

-

blasphemous

Reaction score
I have a 440 motor home block (about a 78) and the provision for the dipstick has some sort of plug in it. Is this plug a press fit or threaded? I'm tried to put some vice grips on it, but no matter how hard I tried, they just slipped off. I don't want to go pounding on it with a hammer and punch if it's threaded. It has a round head on it, well, kind of round since the vice grip incident.

I don't know if it is the same as my 340 but i had the piece of the dipstick stuck in the hole and i took the largest drill bit i could fit in there and turned it about 1 second and it broke it free and i was able to pull it out by hand.

i also put plenty of WD 40 in there too.

I can figure out ways to get it out, but I just want to make sure how it's held in there. The drill bit idea is a good one though, thanks.

on mine there was a lip about an inch and a half was still stuck in the block because it separated at the lip. sounds like you got the same thing going on

we tried bending over one end to pull it out and that didnt work. got luck on the drill bit thing it was super quick and easy

-
Back