Motors in !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Its starting to look like a car now ! To bad I cant put the tranny in. Cant seem to find the flex plate bolts.

IM000083.jpg

Congrats Adam! Good to see progress. I'm looking forward to a nice long weekend with my Metal Mistress myself!

And my Wife ENCOURAGES it!

Adam did you go with the larger Hemi style flex plate? It takes the larger bolts. Several places stock those bolts for flex plate to crank and flex plate to the convertor.

I got mine from Turbo Action.

Looks good man!

Dave, The flex plate to crank bolts should be the same. Its the converter to flex plate bolts that would be different. Those I have.

Your cars comming along very nice Adam. Congrats on the install.
Just wish I could work on mine more.

All I need is to order my fuel line kits and get this intake trimmed and I can fire this thing.

IM000114.jpg

Love the blue. Looks great. BTW, I like the grapling device. Nice to see someone who thinks more is better when it comes to rigging!

Thats a load leveler. Works great. Just a twist of the handle and it tilts the motor for you.

Tony, I hosed it down with brake clean,. It took most of the paint right off. Then I went over it with wire brushes to get the rest off. Sprayed it with wax and grease remove. Blew it dry and primed and painted.

Hay Adam!!! your paint job looks great under the hood :thumbup:

Feels good to have your motor back in I bet. :toothy7:

Looking real, real good sir.

memike said:
Hay Adam!!! your paint job looks great under the hood :thumbup:

Feels good to have your motor back in I bet. :toothy7:

Looking real, real good sir.

This is the first time this motor has v=been in a car since I bought it 2 years ago and I believe it hadnt been in a car for a good 8 years before that. It did see the dyno right before I bought it though. The car also hasnt had a motor in it since I bought it and who knows how lone before that.

Im really happy with how well the car is coming together. Its by far the nicest car I have built and Ive done everything by myself. I think most of it is do to having a nice place to work on it were I dont feel rushed

Lookin good Dude! Let me know when you get her up & running. Amy & myself will take a cruise up to Marcus Dairy and hang with ya on cruise night.

Longgone, Its getting a set of M/T drag Radials and maybe some cal trac bars to help it hook. I havent decided on tire size yet though, If I use offset hangers I think I can stuff some 255-50-15 or 275-50-15s back there. If not its got to hook on a 235-60-15.

John, It wont be hitting the road this year. I still need to go threw the suspension, replace all the brakes (big bolt spindles up front and the Scarebird disc kit for the rear) and find a rear for it.

AdamR said:
John, It wont be hitting the road this year. I still need to go threw the suspension, replace all the brakes (big bolt spindles up front and the Scarebird disc kit for the rear) and find a rear for it.

So.... I gotta wait a year to hang with you? :scratch:

SEND DIRECTIONS, A DATE, AND THE TIME WE MEET. This has been a L-O-N-G time coming.....8)

John, Hows June 10th or 24th ? I just so happend to live off the same exit as Marcus so you can see the car, just cant take it for a beating

Very nice man! I am finding it makes a big difference not being rushed. However summer is creeping up on me so Im tryin hard! lol Looks great and keep pluggin' at it!

4mulaSvaliant said:
However summer is creeping up on me so Im tryin hard!

Thats why I keep telling everyone next year. I have all ready convinced myself this summer wont happen. Really other then the rear I have the big things done. But man, those little things add up fast !

Summer here kinda sucks for cruisin`, unless it`s night cruisin`. It`s so hot and humid in the summer you just sweat your *** off in a car like these during the day. Spring and Fall are great here! You guys up north fair better in the summer.

-
Back