Mounting a Dual Snorkel Scoop on a Dart Sport

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Hello!

I know there is a great thread in the archives all about the DS scoop. It has all kinds of really great info but it does not answer one question I have and I'm hoping to get some feed back from you guys.

I want to mount a DS scoop on my Dart Sport. I've been looking around for a couple years now and have finally decided I want one. I would love to buy one from AAR that is already fitted to the Dart Sport hood. Problem is since I am in Canada once I add shipping, customs, taxes, it pushes it out of my price range... I've looked at ones supplied my say VFN fiberglass but I am hesitant to buy something that is going to look poor or need a lot of work...

So last week I found these guys...

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=55_82&products_id=852

This scoop looks pretty good. I've contacted them and they sent me a dozen pics of the scoop and I'm happy with what I see. Theses guys are in Canada and it just happens that my father is down east right now and can pick it up next week on his way back, meaning no shipping, no customs...

Now here is my only issue that's holding me back right now. They only supply a scoop with a flat bottom that would mate to a demon or early dart hood. Do you guys think that the bottom of this scoop can be contoured to mate to the V in the dart sport hood? Has anyone done this and have any things I should watch for or know about?

I have a pic of the bottom of the scoop that they sent me. Somethings messed with my photobucket so I cant host it. To me is looks a bit shallow but I don't really know how the fitted dart sport ones look like. Looks to be about 1/2" of material under the snorkels. I will try to post the pic a but later.

If anyone has a picture looking right into the scoop that shows the taper under the scoop that may help a lot.

Thanks a lot everyone
Darcy

here is a pic of the under side of the scoop I'm looking to buy...

Thanks

U4.jpg

Well i got the scoop. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the scoop so far. I will take some detailed pics of scoop and start different thread.

Anyway, of course the first thing I did was set the scoop on the car to see what it looks like. It does need some work at the front but really only needs to lose a half inch or so to bring the sides down to the hood. I will post more pics of the process but I will probably sit on this until the new year.

Here are some pics.

IMG-20111023-00045.jpg

IMG-20111023-00049.jpg

IMG-20111023-00046.jpg

Thanks

-
Back