Mounting a muncie to a small block mopar??

-
Try this bellhousing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAK-77-325/

The car in my Avatar has one in it. I also have a new one sitting on the shelf in my garage for the next circle track project. Lakewood part number is 77-325

Thanks 340duster, that the best price for a steel bellhousing I have found. Ive got that on my list.. Thanks and good luck this season.

Sorry but I think I used up all the old A230 3 speeds when I had my old 64 330. I used to trash one every two weeks it seemed. lol

This is what Creed was saying in the first post about finding a trans that is not ridiculously priced. This guy wants $1200 buy it now. I was on craigslist last night and found a half dozen 833's and the highest priced one (aside from the one now on ebay) was $400. There was one for $200. Maybe being OD is why this one is priced beyond belief.
Memike, I was going to ask if you checked with Bill, but now I see you did.

Yes, I noticed the price.............

The only thing I could figure was that this is an overdrive unit, and it appears to have never been installed let alone used.

"if" it could be had for the opening bid of $500 that would be worth considering.

A brand new A-833, with overdrive, for $500

That seems pretty good.

Yes, I noticed the price.............

The only thing I could figure was that this is an overdrive unit, and it appears to have never been installed let alone used.

"if" it could be had for the opening bid of $500 that would be worth considering.

A brand new A-833, with overdrive, for $500

That seems pretty good.

That would be a pretty good deal, especially if I had a street car to put it in..

That would be a pretty good deal, especially if I had a street car to put it in..

Oh yes,

That would be great, with the price of gas going up,up,up,......

That O.D. trans would wind up paying for it's self and then some.

That is a price we can all get behind... "Free"

Found this one on craigslist....$950.00..Mopar 4 speed overdrive trans all rebuilt with correct 5.5 inch bell houseing, trans yoke, an shifter bracket. Trans was rebuilt with new bearings, syncro's, seals, an new 2nd an 3rd gears I have about 300-400 miles on it an it worked good. This was in my 1967 Barracuda that had a small block also this trans is date coded 1976 or 1977 if that matters, so it should fit 67-76 A-body mopar check to be sure.

Creeds

As much as I like the a833 and the A230, for a circle track application the GM trans is fine. The best thing is there are plenty of them in the pits to borrow if yours breaks

Creeds

As much as I like the a833 and the A230, for a circle track application the GM trans is fine. The best thing is there are plenty of them in the pits to borrow if yours breaks

You are right. But I have a 3 speed on its way to smallblocks place for me to get. But since I already have the gm I may go ahead and find everything to mount it just in case I need it

-
Back