Mounting fog lamps - do I have to drill my bumper?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
While I am a fan of the later A-Bodies, I do find that in my personal taste, the beak cars (like mine) look really sharp with auxiliary round fog lamps mounted in front of the grille and the extra depth de-emphasizes the beak and the blockiness that makes the later (Darts especially) cars look a little funny from some angles...

I found a very affordable kit from Hella that have the right look, draw only a small amount of current and come with their own relay so you don't have to pass any more juice through the beleaguered ammeters that our old cars rely on.

Along with the lights, I ordered up what looked like the right mounting brackets from Hella but having the brackets in hand, they're likely pretty useless with these lights.

So I'm left with the notion that the easiest way to mount them in the right spot would be to drill the bumper...a though that turns my stomach a little.

Has anyone mounted similar lights? Any suggestions on how to avoid perforating original 45 year old bumpers with decent chrome still in tact?

mopp-1011-01-o-1975-dodge-dart-sport-hang-10-front-driver-side-view.jpg

Project-Yankee-SEMA-Reveal-03-1200x800.jpg

Beam clamps perhaps? They might be kind of ugly but there's several different styles. You might find one that you like.

I don’t know what kind of room you have between the bumper and the grille, but maybe make your own bracket to install off the back of one of the bumper mounting bolts? Could run it up maybe between bumper and grille?

-
Back